Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

"little ones"

H

handysix

Saturday morning made me realize what I am missing in Iowa! Wildlife galore.. turkeys, coyotes, deer.... lots of deer. I passed up so many 130 class deer and big does it wasn't even funny. I have never been so patient in my life for anything but let the "little guys" go and waited for the big 'un. Well he was in sight at about 150 yards and chasing a doe aroung 4:40 pm Sat night but couldn't get a clean shot so I waited. Then this asshole comes flying down a fence row in a pickup, gets out slams the door of his pickup and then starts singing as he walks into his timber! Bottom line I got skunked but had a blast hunting with my dad and uncles and watching the deer run around.... maybe next year. How did everyone do? and where are the pics?

Sorry for your luck but as you said the asshole was walking into HIS timber so I guess he had the right...

Perhaps the guy was having a good time while he was hunting also, and did not have a score on his mind. It is a shame we have let this hunting get competitive.

Handysix- Glad you came up--We all had a blast too--Two brothers and your son--doesn't get any better than that!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by handysix:
Saturday morning made me realize what I am missing in Iowa! Wildlife galore.. turkeys, coyotes, deer.... lots of deer. I passed up so many 130 class deer and big does it wasn't even funny. I have never been so patient in my life for anything but let the "little guys" go and waited for the big 'un. Well he was in sight at about 150 yards and chasing a doe aroung 4:40 pm Sat night but couldn't get a clean shot so I waited. Then this asshole comes flying down a fence row in a pickup, gets out slams the door of his pickup and then starts singing as he walks into his timber! Bottom line I got skunked but had a blast hunting with my dad and uncles and watching the deer run around.... maybe next year. How did everyone do? and where are the pics?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's great to hear. That is a great hunt in my opinion. Do not have to kill to have a good day in the woods.
Go early, stay late , hunt hard and be safe
Kelly @ Push Farms

Top Bottom