Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

LOT Tag Dates

newfarmer

So I just was looking at my tag dates and see the landowners is good from like 9/21 on- obviously I assume that is for youth, but how many people do we think will abuse that?!

So I just was looking at my tag dates and see the landowners is good from like 9/21 on- obviously I assume that is for youth, but how many people do we think will abuse that?!
Nothing to abuse, that was the intent. It's a floating tag now. I always ask for late muzzleloader for my anysex landowner tag and they couldn't find it in the computer. Instead they found the good for all season tag.

Unfortunately, my first doe tag should have been the same (good for any season) and only $2 but I requested a doe tag for shotgun 1/2 and that one was $15. I didn't know the other option even existed. It's all in the 56-page regulations booklet

Nothing to abuse, that was the intent. It's a floating tag now. I always ask for late muzzleloader for my anysex landowner tag and they couldn't find it in the computer. Instead they found the good for all season tag.

Unfortunately, my first doe tag should have been the same (good for any season) and only $2 but I requested a doe tag for shotgun 1/2 and that one was $15. I didn't know the other option even existed. It's all in the 56-page regulations booklet
My point- which most know and will follow- is there are those few people who are going to start hunting the first day their tag says because “their tag dates are valid”. Remember, common sense isn’t so common anymore.

My point- which most know and will follow- is there are those few people who are going to start hunting the first day their tag says because “their tag dates are valid”. Remember, common sense isn’t so common anymore.
You're right. And they will have a good legal defense when they get caught. Poor roll out as usual

You must have bought through the app. The printed tag says the following "Important: valid for all seasons, if qualified. Season dates and method of take applies."

Last edited:
So landowner buck tags and doe tags are good for all the seasons now?
Yes, with the exception that the two additional $15 antlerless tags are season specific. The any sex and first antlerless are good for all seasons. They also override the regulations for counties that have gone antlered only

Here comes the biggest rule change to effect Iowa's deer herd negatively since the introduction of straight walls.

Its frustrating how these bills get passed and introduced.

Top Bottom