Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mathews MQ1 Solocam

C

chevy2

Just wondering if any of you shoot this bow. I've got the chance to buy one fairly reasonable and just wondered how you guys like it or any drawbacks you think it has. Thanks for any input.
waytogo.gif

Spoken like a diehard Mathews fan ayh Limb. Hey Splitty, let me know if you want graduate up to a reliable HOYT bow after you toss this mathews aside ........In all honesty, the MQ1 is a good bow, just make sure it fits you well or replace the cam with one that does if you decide to buy it.

nono.gif
busted.gif
... You have already corrupted Ghost now Splitty come on man...
evil.gif

To be completely honest with you this year is as close I had come to walking out of a store with a Hoyt Razortec.

Splitty,
Shredder makes a good point it is important that any bow fit...
waytogo.gif

Hey Shredder, I can't buy a HOYT. That would leave Auggie all alone as the only non HOYT shooter. Wouldn't want him to feel like an outcast(well anymore than he already is).
threaddevil.gif
I haven't got to shoot it yet but the guy has the same draw lenght as me so I'm hoping it fits me. Do you have to replace the whole cam on these or is there just a module you have to swap out? Even if I have to change the draw lenght I don't think I can go wrong on the price. Thanks for the help guys!
beerchug.gif

Splitty,
It depends on how much you are changing it. I thinking from 28 to 29 you will need another cam but form 29 up you should be ok. and from 28 down you should be ok. you can do little things to adjust as well such as string loop, twist string, ect... Good luck!

Thanks for the help Limb. It's nice to have at least on guy on your side. I'm sure as soon as Ghost gets on here I'll be catching it from him to!
waytogo.gif

What do you mean anymore than I already is? The old PSE seems to be quite accurate this year if you know what I mean
31045-cheers2.gif

Limb, would I corrupt Ghost? I simply told him about a quality bow manufacturer and he made his own choice of equiptment. As for Auggie, I would try and get him to get a Hoyt but after his season with the PSE, I doubt he will be wanting to change a thing......

ghost didn't make any decision on his own shredder, it was the great and powerfull MUDDY who sweet talked him into the best shootin bow on the planet!! threw the bait and he took it, hook, line, and sinker.
waytogo.gif

Muddy.....your a real treat
blush.gif

Shredder.....ya I love the razortec.

Auggie.....stick with your PSE, it works.

Limb.....we all know it's the man behind the bow.

Splitty.....if the bow fits, shoot it.

jester.gif

i've had several bows and several mathews. the MQ1 is one of the best. i still shot the MQ1. lightwieght and dependable. i have taken black bear, russian boar, turkey,whitetail, and others with the bow. would recommend it...
893USA1-thumb[1].gif

O.K., in all honesty what is so great about a hoyt? I have never shot one and absolutely love my Mathews. I've heard the Hoyt's are great and then I hear they suck due to the cam and a half system. What is the scoop? I wouldn't mind buying a hoyt if they really area as nice as everyone says. This way I can have the best of both worlds.
yay.gif

I have shot mathews in the past and was not impressed with the bow(Q2)just for the record so I can speak on this with some knowledge. Hoyts have split-laminated limbs which in my opinion make the stronger, more reliable, and faster. Mathews have glass limbs, like the ones found on your regular 250-350 dollar bows at cabelas, basspro, etc. If one of your mathews limbs goes bad, they will just replace the bad one, despite how old your bow is and how weak the other may be.

Mathews spends millions every year on advertizing and sponsorship thus drawing people in to shoot their bows that would otherwise shoot another brand. That sets the trend for more people like us outside of the outdoor industry to buy a mathews to be like one of the professional hunters. (Sad but true) That is one of the main reasons mathews has been so sucessful.

The riser on the mathews is machined out like the hoyt, the hoyt has the tec riser reducing vibration (subjective assessment on my part) but seems to allow me to shoot better.

DO I think that Mathews makes a good bow, yes but think they are overpriced by about 300 dollars for what you get. That 300 likely goes into luring someone else in to shoot a mathews through advertisements. (just open any mag and you will find an ad)

shredder, well said, i agree on everything you say ONE HUNDRED PERCENT. you hit the nail head on when you're talking about the limbs. i could never figure out why mathews sold glass limb bows for over $400. "the advertising juggarnaut" sells more for them than anything, but, that's one guys opinion.

the main thing is it's not the bow that shoots, it's the person behind the bow. i have seen my dad shoot for the past 25 years. he can shoot ANY bow very well. he can still outshoot me with his old Dartons or Condor (historians may know those) practically every time...and i don't consider myself a bad shot. i think natural talent can outshoot a deep pocket every time. when the moment of truth comes up a confident and well practiced shooter will deliver every time whether he's shooting a $100 bow or a $700 bow.

Top Bottom