Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Me and my brother's late season does

MuzzHunter

On a 20ft High
Our morning hunt started out kind of slow. When my dad and brother coming over to pick me up they spotted a few does laying just off of the road on the property we were hunting. So when my dad picked me up he dropped me off at the other end of the peice.I was going to try and push them to my dad and brother. They went and set up on the other end. I started to walk through some thick stuff and I heard 2 shots. When I got up to them I seen a doe laying on the ground. Then my brother told me that 2 of the deer almost ran him over. He said he shot he from about five foot steps away. Then that night we hunted another peice of property. Me and my dad went out to find a place to sit and my brtoher just stayed in the truck. My dad went up on this huge ridge and I sat where a bunch of ridges come together. I found a brushpile and settle in. At about 4:30 I heard deer coming in between me and my dad. This was the first group of deer coming. They got down wind of my dad and blew and started to run. They got over by me and I took a couple of shots at one about 80 yds. out, but I missed. Then no sooner did those deer come by there another group of deer following them. My dad thought the first group was the only deer so he started to walk down the ridge and he pushed the group right to me. I picked out a big one and she at about 30 yds. My first shot I missed, then my next shot smoked her, I thought she was down, she got back up so I hit her again. She only went about 15 yds after that. It was a fun day of hunting for me and my brother. Here a picture of my doe.
3570Late_Season_Doe-med.JPG
Here's my brother's doe. [image]

Clayton,

Congrats on your antlerless deer harvest. Sounds like you guys had a good time. Way to Practice that QDM.
smile.gif

Congratulations Guys!!! Nothing like a good hunt with good friends or family - thats what it's all about.

Congratulations Clayton and Bronson, Glad to see you boys are still showing up the old man
grin.gif
great pictures
smile.gif

Top Bottom