Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Missed opportunity!

T

Tinks69

My buddy and I were out the other night and were only sitting 60 yds away from each other. We were sitting on three major trails that 7 does were coming out on every night. We figured if there were does, there were bound to be a buck or two following. At about 5 pm I saw two bucks 50 yds behind my buddies stand. He didn't see them because there was a doe walking straight towards him. The second buck probably would have scored 135! The bigger buck saw the doe and started walking right in to my buddy. To make a long story short, he had a doe tag so you can guess what he does next. Takes the shot at the doe and I watch a nice buck right behind his stand turn around and walk away. To make things worse, he missed the doe! That's hunting!

I got caught with my pants down for a second time this week.Friday 11-16 had two nic e bucks come by at 8:30 am and 9:00 am but passed on for something bigger.At about noon nature called and went to the truck for a snack and snooze.At 2:00 pm was back in my stand and hooking up my saftey belt when i saw some legs behind a pine tree,I froze only to have a 12pt. 170 + buck with great mass come 15 yrds broadside frome my stand but I had not pulled my bow up to my stand.With my bow on the ground and about 3 min. of watching this buck offer several shots I watched him walk away.As Homer Simpson would say,dooh!!! My friend has seen this buck several times and I dont know if I will make it back to this area before gun season.Hpe he makes it through first season so I can get a chance at him second season!

Top Bottom