Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Missed opportunity

Pupster

Well after reading all of the success stories I'll put in my 2 cents of my "not so successful success."

To make a long story shot...I missed.
It's not the first or last time I'm sure but this year has been an odd year for me. New fence construction in my area has changed the travel habits of the deer. One deer was killed on a neighbors property and 1 was hit by a car so my chances have been remote. Yesterday morning I missed clean a respectable 10. All I was asking for was just one chance....I got it and didn't capitalize.

Limb,
At least I'm still whacking the geese hard. No Iowa mallards at all.........yet! Maybe the end of this week or next they'll move in.

Whoa is me...I'll be back out tonight, fingers crossed.

Pupster

Pup,
Everyone I know that bowhunt's has missed or messed up a good opprotunity,it come's with the turf.It makes the one's you do harvest mean that much more.
I'm sure we will all miss a few more in our hunting venture's.If anyone ever tell's me they are the perfect hunter and never mess up,and believe me I'v met a few,I take them as bullshi77er's.
smirk.gif

Good luck,and they are on the move.I seen 3 buck's moving yesterday and one was a nice 140 class shooter.I'm doe hunting now but it is really fun watching the rut happen.

Hey pup, your not alone. I had a chance to fill my non-resident iowa tag and blew it. Don't know if I will be able to get back out before shotgun season. Keep the faith and good luck...

Pup, Just hang on. When I get my photos back if there is a respectable one considering it's a "hanging deer" I'll post about the "Season Fom Hell" and how it turned out. I don't think anyone can screw up as many opportunities as I did this year. The end result is a deer that I am ecstatic with and it's the smallest of the FOUR that I screwed up on. It's also the best buck I've ever taken with a bow & the story includes a story on the back door doe! Hopefully by the end of the week. Maggs.

Pup,

I thought I was listening to myself as I read your post. Sunday afternoon I missed a great shot opportunity on a 135-140 nine point at 25 yards. To make a long story short I think I shot a little high and the buck also squatted on the shot. Sliced him right across the back. No blood just some minimal muscle tissue. Saw him again this AM I think with a doe. Got up and ran off about 1/2 mile from my stand and had a flesh wound across the back above the spine. Better deer than I thought he was - I would have been very happy with him on my wall.

Just a few days left and I am trying to convince myself that I will get another opportunity but I seriously doubt it.

Brent

Keep the faith man I am in the same boat as you .. I saw close to 50 different bucks in ILLINOIS this year and had a shot at a very good one at last light on the last day and missed .. it hurts but I will be back..

Jeeze,
I'm not alone, HURRAY!
grin.gif

I saw a monster last night 90+ yds out and it was the only deer I saw. My head is up slightly higher than Sunday. I've seen plenty of shooter bucks this season but when on finally comes in and you blow it it stings........bad!

Pupster

Top Bottom