Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My best!

jharrell

Rackaddict and I went up on Tuesday the 5th for our week of whitetail madness. Things started off slow on Wednesday for me but Rack was seeing bucks every day. By Thursday night I had located a place that was hot with does so I decided to hang a stand on the outskirts to see what was moving. I had a nice 9 point deer walk 18 yards from me right to my Tinks. I decided I wasn't after this guy and after rubbing his nose in the Tinks he decided to walk off. I spent the rest of the night watching 9 does in the field to the south off me. The next morning on Friday after seeing does in the field to the South of me again I decided to move my stand to the corner of that field on the down wind side. I went back on Friday night and saw 10 deer. One was the biggest buck I have ever seen. He reminded me allot of the deer Scout took this year. He came to within 100 yards but was not interested in my grunt. After about 30 minutes of drooling on my part it was dark and I had to sneak out as quiet as possible. The next morning on Saturday I was in my stand with great anticipation before the sun was starting to break. Right after day break I had a doe about 60 yards away. Out of no where comes a buck into the field from the other side (300 yards away) and he is running right at me! I wasn't grunting or rattling, just sitting. He ended up coming all the way across the field with out going after that doe and walked right in front of me giving me a great slightly quartering away shot at 30 yards. At 7:02 a.m. the arrow passed through both lungs and into the ground on the other side. He went about 60 yards and piled up. I am glad they make tree stands so sturdy because after I saw him go down I about shook the tree down. That night Rack and I came back to see if he could score on Mr. Big. I set up behind him with a video camera. Sure enough the big boy showed up. Rack tried his hardest but he wouldn't come any closer than 60 or 70 yards. Got some great video of him though.

I will send the photos to TH so he can post them for me. I threw in a photo of one of the other guys that hunts with us. He also got his personal best.

Good luck to all who have not scored yet.
wavey.gif

After reading my post I realized I didn't tell you the one I shot was not the big one I saw the night before but there was no way I was going to pass him up. The one I shot would have rattled around inside the one I saw the night before.

I'm eating my heart out here in South Carolina!

Congrats!

Nice buck Jon!! Congrats! Maybe you could snag a few pics from the video to post of the other buck somehow.

G6

The one you shot would have rattled around inside the other one you seen. Holly cow. Awesome deer...congrats and it would be awesome to see some pics of that other buck if its possible.

Good luck guys
Numba1

Headgear is not exaggerating on the size of the buck we got on video. He was a beast. We tried every trick in the book and even made some up and just couldn't close the deal. It was a real treat just to see a buck like that. Still gives me shivers when I think about it! If we can get some pics off the video somehow we'll post them. Good Luck to everyone!

Nice buck!! My dear mother always told me not to be jealous of other people. She should be in my shoes looking at all these nice bucks.
Maybe I could just be green with envy. New to sight and drooling over all the nice bucks. I can't wait to see all the new ones each night. Al

On another note vman, we have a picture of the buck I shot on one of the cameras you made. I think that is very cool!
grin.gif

Top Bottom