Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My first bow harvest

Y

Youngbuck

After having MANY close calls on getting a deer(having deer with no shooting lane, HAving a buck within range but not stopping, many deer just out of range, and of course missing a deer.)
I finally got one.
On Thanksgivng morning I went out, and seen only three, all out of range. When it was time to go, dad said there was one bedded down in a cut-down tree top. So we snuck over there, and it was up walking around. So we Watched her until she laid down agian, When she did that we hunkered over, and began sneaking into range, and we snuck within 12 yards of her, before I could get a shot. And when I shot, I hit the only branch I could've, and she bounded away, and bedded down again.(I got the limb really well.
So we snuck again, then got behind a tree where she couldn't see us, and began sneaking closer again.We snuck to 8 FEET, and she stoop up and I shot. AND MISSED!
cussing.gif
I forgot to account for the fact she was so close and my pin is set for 20yds, and I shot right over her back. So we went out friday, with no luck. So came Saturday, I got into my stand and about 4:15 two does came up behind me, and winded me. Then about another passed through without a shot. Then at 4:46 a doe started coming up. And I seen where she was going, and got turned around, for a shot,a t 4:50 she was finally within range, open for a shot, I stopped her, and released. At the shot she bolted about about 30 yards in fornt of me, then stopped and looked around. Tehn rolled, but got right back up. and looked around., then her back legs gave out, and she folded up like she was bedding down. I thought" uh-oh, that ain't good." then she rolled and kicked around for a few seconds then that was it. At the shot she was 12 yards behind me, and ran 30 yards in front of me. The shot a perfect doulble lung and she only went 40 yards.
grin.gif

597DEER-med.JPG

great story and great memories to cap off a wonderfull season for you Youngbuck!! congrats on a quick humane kill!!
busted.gif

Awesome story and picture. I am so happy for you.I know the feeling of getting your first deer. You put in alot a time and now your hooked it will be a lot more time!!!!! Congrats
waytogo.gif

Congatulations Young Buck!!! I wish my hunting career would have begun at your age. You're going to have a great life of hunting ahead of you.
waytogo.gif

Great job! Way to keep trying! She looks like a good doe and what a great story. My very first archery deer was also a doe. CONGRATS!!
PK

Thanx for the replies guys.
Tomo,
No I didn't. being are excited As I was, and being dark, I would've hacked myself up pretty good
wink.gif

Top Bottom