Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

My Last Few Tags Filled

Liv4Rut

I went on the late doe season hunt and had a great time. I was hunting an area where alot of QDM is practiced and by the time I even went hunting, the landowner had me so paranoid about not shooting any shedded bucks or button bucks, I had a hard time even raising the gun. Finally a few does came in, that I was a 100 percent sure were does, and I shot 2 in the first group, and as the rest scattered I was too hesitant to shoot anymore. Then the next morning I had another doe come in, after a ten minute stare down with the binoculars I was convinced it was a doe, and I shot her. In the picture I shot 3 of the does, and my dad shot one and the landowner shot the other. There may only be 5 deer in the picture, but after field dressing we eliminated around 15 deer off the property for next year. It really shows how every doe contributes to decreasing the deer herd
smile.gif

1005DCAO0193-med.JPG

Sounds like you had an eventful weekend, it would really drag me down to shoot a mature buck that had already shed. Good eyes Mikey!!!

Good job Liv. I was wondering if it is mandatory to wear orange if you are hunting with a firearm or not during that late season?

Renobber, yep it sure is mandatory to wear blaze orange during late season with a gun
smile.gif
For the sake of the picture, I do not wear it. Orange and pictures don't mix well in pictures in my past experience
beerchug.gif

Excellent! Way to help out the herd population. I wish more people realized hunters are conservationists as well as outdoorsmen and women.

Way to go! Hope to match at least a little of that sucess this weekend, so Ames will really be doing it's part on the does.
smile.gif

Top Bottom