Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Mystic Reservoir/Fish it Quick!

blake

Life Member
NEWS!

From the Iowa DNR:

DNR to Allow Promiscuous Fishing at Mystic Reservoir

Posted: June 11, 2009

MYSTIC, Iowa - Heavy rains in 2008 and 2009 have caused the aging outlet tube at Mystic Reservoir to fail and for safety reasons, the DNR is requiring the city of Mystic to drain the 8-acre lake.

Mystic Reservoir is adjacent to county road T-14 in Appanoose County. A catastrophic failure of the dam would likely impact the county road. The reservoir will remain empty until the city can make repairs on the outlet tube.

Beginning immediately, anglers with a valid fishing license may harvest all sizes and unlimited quantities of any fish species from Mystic Reservoir.

"Mystic Reservoir offers fishing for channel catfish, as well as opportunities for largemouth bass and flathead catfish," said Mark Flammang, fisheries biologist with the Iowa DNR at Lake Rathbun.

Any number of fishing poles or jugs will be allowed, but anglers must remain in sight of these lines at all times and follow all other fishing regulations and area rules. Trot lines will be allowed (name and address must be attached); however, lines may not be set across the entire water body. Nets, dynamite, poison, electric shocking devices, or any stupefying substances will not be allowed. It is illegal to sell fish or stock captured fish into public waters, but sportfish can be stocked in private lakes and ponds.

Liberalized fishing regulations for Mystic Reservoir will remain in effect until it is drained.

I've often wondered what it would be like to fish a draining lake when about half of the water is gone....

I was going to go to this BUT I then read I could not use DYNAMITE in this instance. Darn!

Top Bottom