Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Need some advice

Shovelbuck

I was messing around yesterday with a homebrew digital with the X10 board and Olympus D380. I got several good daylight pics of deer but for some reason it took 67 night time photos of nothing. It was probably 40 degrees last night and I had the dip sensitivity on 3. Do I need a different setting?
Also there seems to be some flash bleed through. Any way to take care of this? It has a rubber gasket on the camera plus the foam.
5521_of_67_pics.JPG

Is the light colored haze flash bleed?

After thinking about this a bit, I think the flash bleed was caused by the foam being mashed down. I think from now on I'll store it with the camera out and not with the switch closed in the box. Some new foam should cure it.
Still want to know why all the night pics?
confused.gif

I get the same flash bleed with my D380 home brew and I am sure it is the same problem as yours. I had a similar issue with my last controll board and Vman set me up with the newer BG1 board and all has been sweet since. Check it out at Haggshouse.

I'm thinking that since I never had this trouble with the old 35's and the tech. has supposedly improved in the last few years, the false triggering is unacceptable with any of the boards. If it's a setting, that would be a good thing.

I believe It can happen with some of the new boards. I think when it does it is a failure and not an on going issue. Vman?

Not sure shovel.
The spots are from a dirty camera lens or dirty shutter glass.

Have you put in a new 9 volt?

I'll clean the lens
grin.gif
I now you gave me heck a couple years ago about using my tongue as a volt meter
grin.gif
Still don't have one. I'll try a new batt. Thanks. Jay

Top Bottom