Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Next year

Fishbonker

Life Member
Have the dates been set yet for next years banquet? If you tell me the dates I promise to be on my bestest behavior. And if you don't, I'll find out anyway and crash the party.

The sooner I know the sooner I can start the V-time process.

Thanks

The 'Bonker

They made me promise not to tell you.
grin.gif
I'll PM you but don't tell anyone.

March 4th( I never could keep a secret) Looks like it will be back at the Sheraton but still negotiating.Any thoughts or ideas?

The location was great but any chance of shortening it? Four hours after the program started and the auction hadn't even started yet? WAY too long.

I think either the awards should e changed to just include a display you could look at beforehand or maybe those could be noted during dinner.

Is there any way to rearrange the banquet room so the stage is in a more centralized location? (Audience split on both sides) Just a thought.
CRITR

It was my first IBA banquet so I can't compare it "apples to apples" but it did run kinda long. Boosted the heck outa the beer sales though. IBA get a tickle outa the bar sales or did all the money Shredder spent go to the Sheraton? I know the awards are important to the few folks and their familys that won/earned them but to the rest of us, I'm happy for them, but, gee, ya know....Maybe if you gave away a few freebies between some of the catagories or sections of the program it would keep everyones attention. Or did you draw for some of the raffle stuff during that part of the program?

Over all I though it was OK.

The 'Bonker

Critr,
I've talked to management at Sheraton,(Sunday AM after banquet) podium and stage will be on west wall in center of room and 8 speakers will be used.Little upset when they tell me that is how they set up the room when they have a full house.Why in the hell didn't they say so before.
confused.gif
mad.gif

Trying to shorten the banquet,but there is a lot of things to do. Some talk of awards before the meal and start earlier.I've been compiling the suggestions from survey to take to next board meeting. Only sure thing is stage will be in middle of room,next year.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; thanks for all the hard VOLUNTEER work you, Supergeektec and all the IBA Board Members, Area Reps and Officers do for all rest of us. It doesn't go unnoticed or unappreciated.

Geez, I must be comin down with somethin. I was sincere for once. Except the Super"geek"tec part.

The 'Bonker

It was my first banquet and I brought my wife along. We enjoyed the food and met some very nice people at our table but the dinner started at 6pm and as 10pm rolled around we were hoping they would just draw the raffle tickets so we could get going. Maybe we're fuddy duddys but after going to the Classic all day then spending a couple hours before the program and four more hours at our table we were just plain tired. We never did see the start of the auction, but did stay long enough to find out I lost in all the raffles (which, with my luck, was expected).

I think that the award winners could be recognized by displaying their names and pictures before the program. Plus that would give us something else to do prior to the start of the program.

The sound system definitely was poor at the back of the room. The problem was that the farthest back set of speakers were still over 1/3 of the length of the room from the rear.

Other than that the food was good, the beer was cold (if pricey)and Chuck was very entertaining.

Top Bottom