Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Northern MN?

newfarmer

Late Spring of 2025 apparently the in laws want to go to Northern MN to fish/boat. There would be like 8 adults and 6 kids I think. Looking for some recommendations on where to head to- they want family friendly and a beach. Pry 5-7 days if I was to guess. For context, the last fishing trip we fished for a total of 5 hours over a week so don’t think we are cleaning house

Small lake ? Bigger lake ?

More north woods type, or a mix of lake country rolling terrain ?

I think they want a bit of northern feel, but we’ve been to Big Stone area multiple times and they like that area too. None of us have big boats for “big” water so medium sized? Their first initial conversation was “northern MN, Lake of the woods”
I went to the Tech school many years ago in Wadena so I’m familiar with that area but honestly lost on the rest of it up there.

3 potential areas

1. Longville area—has many nice lakes and up north feel… beautiful area. Good fishing with both small lakes and big lakes close by .

2. Otter Tail—1000 lakes in that county . Excellent fishing, beautiful landscape of more rolling hills and fields. Nice bars and restaurants.

3. Alexandria area or Lake Minnewaska . Minnewaska is 8000 acres and popular for fishing and boating .
*My home town area. Very nice scenery, bars and restaurants on the water. Breweries. The fishing has been very good this year and I could give you tips !

Top Bottom