Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

NR Tag for Mo.

D

deerman

How much would it cost for a Iowa resident to hunt deer with bow in Missouri and is there a drawing for it.Or can your get one every year?? I would like to hunt with my brothers,its been years since we did that.Thanks

Deerman, According to the MDC web page a Missouri NR archery tag is $120.00. There is no drawing for tags, it's all over the counter. You get 2 turkey any sex and 2 deer any sex, providing you may only take one antlered deer prior to the rifle season. I've heard that they charge Iowa, Kansas and Ill. residents $25.00 more because of the higher prices those states charge but it said nothing about that on the web page. It looked to me like $120.00 was the price. Not too much to spend to have some fun with your brothers. Come on down!
wavey.gif

Thanks Rackaddict.That aint a bad price.Maybe the $25 surcharge for Iowans is saying f off to us.I know Mo. is a great state for nice bucks.Now I just need to convince the wife.HA!

I tell ya.It would be very different hunting hills.
I've hunted the Iowa river bottoms for so many yaers now.I think it would be a challenge.One brother lives in Mexico,Mo. and 2 live in Hanibal.

Deerman, If you want hills and a challenge, come on down to the southern part of the state and hunt in the Ozarks. No food obvious food sources and extremely dense cover. I had a guy tell me that the best way to tell a deers primary food source was to cut open the stomach of one that you've shot. Well, I did just that. All I found was 3 rocks and a Hickory nut !

Top Bottom