Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Nutra Crave Corn- spray?

newfarmer

So I got nutri crave to test next to some Dekalb to see how good it really is- but what the heck do I spray the nutri crave with to control grass (only have a grass problem)? I went to the co op and the guy told me he didn’t know since he never heard of nutri crave and didn’t want to tell me wrong.

its non- GMO. Nothing you can spray on it to kill grass.
I would recommend atrazine and Anthem Max pre-emergents to be sprayed prior to planting. Post emergenct herbicide 24d can be used but will not help your grass problem.

If it is non-gmo the 2 chemicals that get brought up for grass control are impact or accent. I had seedcorn one year that was not roundup ready and used armezon and armezon pro. Had pretty good control but not perfect. Definitely need to start clean to stay clean.

If it is non-gmo the 2 chemicals that get brought up for grass control are impact or accent. I had seedcorn one year that was not roundup ready and used armezon and armezon pro. Had pretty good control but not perfect. Definitely need to start clean to stay clean.
Thank you. Unfortunately this year I couldn’t do my normal prep work for a multitude of reasons. Thanks for the insight.

Call Real World Seeds and get their recommendation...but ABSOLUTELY DO NOT SPRAY it with Round-up/gly. I planted 4 acres and it is up and looking beeyuteiful when I last saw it about 10 days ago now. I also sprayed the bare dirt with Atrazine, so I wasn't seeing any weeds/grass 10 days ago, just corn. I hope it still looks that clean when I see it next. Fingers crossed.

Call Real World Seeds and get their recommendation...but ABSOLUTELY DO NOT SPRAY it with Round-up/gly. I planted 4 acres and it is up and looking beeyuteiful when I last saw it about 10 days ago now. I also sprayed the bare dirt with Atrazine, so I wasn't seeing any weeds/grass 10 days ago, just corn. I hope it still looks that clean when I see it next. Fingers crossed.
Mine looked great- now we finally got rain and grass is coming up. Nothing else for weeds (yet) but had looked great

Looking forward to your review Dave!

Looking forward to your review Dave!
You bet. I'll add that we are in the midst of an aggressive move related to my corn plots. Only rarely have I been able to get corn through to maturity to where I have ears/kernels in the fall. I lead the league in growing "stalks"...plain, earless, kerneless stalks, I tell you. Some of the challenge has been moisture/drought related, but most of the challenge has been coons and deer. Combine the two (drought and too many mouths) and you get...stalks. Plenty of thigh high stalks.

Well...not this year...I hope. We are installing fence, although we are not done yet, around 3 plots that should keep the plots from getting murdered in the July/Aug time frame. Time will tell...but if I make this gambit work I will be quite happy with the plan.

U can kill grasses. Atrazine, s-metolachlor (dual II), 2,4-d & crop oil. I’ve done ammonium sulfate as well. This cocktail: wicked on grasses!!!
S-metolachlor is pre & post for grass. Atrazine works as post emergent on grass as long as it’s not too tall & u add ams. Throw 2,4-d in for extra punch. Crop oil sticks it to weeds & pummels it!!! AMS breaks down waxy coat & helps with uptake. Add them all- u got a nuclear bomb. Grasses will be on fire as u leave the field ;). Sounds complex but it’s not.
I’m sure there’s million other solutions. Check in to above as well. Tons of ways & above recommendations before mine may very well be better!!! Check those out!!!!!

I haven’t read label or tried but some others that come to mind but a “chance” they might help as well… mesotrione & prowl h20. Maybe some of these could be a tool, maybe not. Worth checking if time.

The above where I started…. IT WORKS!!! Is There other options & likely better ones??? I’m sure!!! Get a few options & “tools” in the arsenal. In all Honesty- non-gmo corn is pretty easy to deal with. & yes, next time, at burn down hit with the cocktail & it’ll be a real piece of cake.

Last edited:
U can kill grasses. Atrazine, s-metolachlor (dual II), 2,4-d & crop oil. I’ve done ammonium sulfate as well. This cocktail: wicked on grasses!!!
S-metolachlor is pre & post for grass. Atrazine works as post emergent on grass as long as it’s not too tall & u add ams. Throw 2,4-d in for extra punch. Crop oil sticks it to weeds & pummels it!!! AMS breaks down waxy coat & helps with uptake. Add them all- u got a nuclear bomb. Grasses will be on fire as u leave the field ;). Sounds complex but it’s not.
I’m sure there’s million other solutions. Check in to above as well. Tons of ways & above recommendations before mine may very well be better!!! Check those out!!!!!

I haven’t read label or tried but some others that come to mind but a “chance” they might help as well… mesotrione & prowl h20. Maybe some of these could be a tool, maybe not. Worth checking if time.

The above where I started…. IT WORKS!!! Is There other options & likely better ones??? I’m sure!!! Get a few options & “tools” in the arsenal. In all Honesty- non-gmo corn is pretty easy to deal with. & yes, next time, at burn down hit with the cocktail & it’ll be a real piece of cake.
In comes the scientist to save the day ;)

Top Bottom