Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Peta puts orange vests on deer...plan backfires!

R

Rembrandt

Associated Press (Columbus, OH)
If you are familiar with PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of
Animals), then you are aware of the fact they will do almost anything
to protect animals. This year's efforts to save Ohio's deer from the annual
statewide gun season has backfired.

For safety's sake, hunters in Ohio are required by law to display
at least 400 square inches of hunter's blaze orange on their person
when in the woods. Capitalizing on the fact that hunters do not usually
shoot
orange, PETA recently bulk purchased blaze orange vests and have
been affixing them to live-trapped deer in Youngstown suburbs.

According to PETA spokesperson Katie Reese, a total of 405 vests
were successfully put into circulation prior to this week, with
additional specimens still being caught and vested. Youngstown entrepreneur
Guy Lockey, of Guy's Outdoors, has spit in the face of PETA by
offering rewards for the returned vests this week. Hunters who
successfully bag a vested deer receive $5 and a chance for a random
and biggest animal award. As of Tuesday, 308 of the vests had already
been recorded as bagged with most of the hunters registering for Mr.
Lockey's drawing.

"It's so easy, you can see them coming a mile away" said one first
year hunter after checking in his first spike buck.
ODNR officials are worried that the poorly thought out plan by
PETA might get somebody shot instead of saving the deer. "Hunters have
turned their plan upside down, we're just hoping that nobody gets hurt
and are hoping that none of the vested animals get tangled in brush" said
an unnamed ODNR official. "PETA has really outdone itself this
time."

I am glad to see that PETA has a bunch of idiots making decisions. I applaud when they do these types of things, that means that they are not using their resources effectively.

I wonder if someone with an orange vest on gets shot (God forbid no idiot does it) can PETA be held partially liable due to their stupid ideas?

Rembrandt, this is a hoax. It was on the Bow
Fight about two years ago.

Steve

Here is a letter "BowHunt'nFool" wrote and sent PETA, he wanted us to post it...

"To whom it may concern,

I read on IOWAWHITETAIL.com that you had put 405 orage vests on deer in Columbus, Ohio. I think that was a bad idea and Im glad to hear it backfired! Do you really think that you were actually going to save the lives of deer with that plan? Im assuming you had to tranquilize the deer to put vests on them? The whitetailed deer can get stressed out so easily and then will die from it or they can get caught in the brush or barbed wire fence causing them to strangle themselves. Did you know that a deer will go thru a fence more than they jump them? So you want the deer to become coyote bait? Thats alot better than hunters killing them to feed their families, yeah right!!!!

If people didnt hunt deer there would be so many of them and then there would be alot more diseases. I dont think Mother Nature can control a deer herd by herself. Do you like paying alot for car insurance? Well you will be paying more if us hunters do keep the herd in check. I have personally hit 3 deer with my truck and I dont like having to pay $300 deductible each time and this lowers the resale value.

I have so much respect for these beautiful creatures and I spend alot of time in the outdoors and reading all that I can to learn more about these animals. There is nothing that you can do to keep us hunters from the woods. We will stick together! If you have a problem with deer being killed you should keep your eyes open for poachers and call the local DNR if you see trouble. The poachers are the ones hurting the deer herd and give us "HUNTERS" a bad name.

Well I hope you will think about the deer the next time you go and do something crazy like this again.

A hoax?...and it was such a good story...oh well...guess you can't believe everything on the net....

If this is a hoax, they fooled Brit Hume. It was on Fox News earlier tonight.

Brit Hume retracted the story tonight and confirmed that it is a hoax.

Hey General do you have a link to an artical that says this is a hoax? I need it if you do. Thanks.
G6

There is an article about this on ESPN outdoors. Guess they fooled everyone if it is a hoax.

sorry G6, i only know what i saw on TV last night. he said that they had been fooled and that it never had happened.

Top Bottom