Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pick ONE weapon?

muddy

Say you could only get one either sex tag, which weapon would you choose?

Hands down it'd be the bow. Not because of the season length but because I LOVE getting close to big whitetails.

Whacking does at long distance with the gun is a hoot as well.

I have only bow hunted for a few seasons now but I can honestly say that the bow would definitly be my choice as well. I just wish I would have taken the sport up long ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Say you could only get one either sex tag, which weapon would you choose?

Hands down it'd be the bow. Not because of the season length but because I LOVE getting close to big whitetails.

Whacking does at long distance with the gun is a hoot as well. </div></div>

hoofline.gif

I would have to go with bow hunting for a few more years. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

But as the years pass I am sure that at some point I will choose my second favorite, the Late Season ML hunt. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

<span style="color: #000099">Would you like more information about becoming an iowawhitetail PMA or Life Member? &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; </span>Details Here!<span style="color: #000099">&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;</span>

hoofline.gif

Depends on how empty my freezer is. If I was desperate for meat and wanted a more sure thing then it would be gun. If I just wanted the thrill of hunting it would be a bow.

The 'Bonker

Not even close, bow. Mainly due to length of season, rut activity, and up close and personal. It's not as much about how frequently I get a bowkill but rather the thrill when it eventually does happen.

My antler handled Bowie knife.....

What does it for me is the pounce from the tree, making a perfect "slash and jab move", the crash to the earth, the struggle between life and death, avoiding the trashing hoofs and antlers, and feeling the life escape such a magnificent animal.

Knowing you are part of the natural process.

I may not physically be able to hunt with my knife much longer, and this brings me great sadness. When that time comes I must move on...

I am left with a blessing to have a deep understanding that it is not about the weapon of choice, but the challenge and pursuit, THE HUNT!!!

I don't hunt to have killed, but kill to have hunted...

Hands down.. Bow!

Love the feeling of drawin back on the big guy you have been after all year and send an arrow his way... (that kinda gave me the chills)

I would rather bowhunt over any type of hunting!

Top Bottom