Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Predicted warm weather and the rut

Big Timber

Just curious if you guys have any thoughts on the warm weather for this next week. Do you think it's going to slow down the rut process? In the area I hunt, it looks like the peak rut is about a week or two away. I remember last year when the weather warmed up, it put the rut on hold for a week and It came into prime time around nov 24. The forecast is calling for highs of 50 for the next week so I was wondering if anybody had any thoughts predictions. Thanks.

BT

I would be surprised if it slows much..... it is still predicted to get around freezing or lower at nights........ usually doesn't get to the daily highs before 2p.m. or slightly before....... I think we will still be OK........

I think it really doesn't matter too much.I have shot some nice buck when it was 50 to 72 degrees.In 87 I shot one on the 15th of Nov. at 3;20PM and it was in the low 70's.

I don't know...... just checked the weather this morning and it does look to be predicted to warm up more at nights than originally thought....... sure hope it doesn't have too much negative effect on the daytime rutting activity.......

Cornfed,

I agree,
Last year I took off work the week I thought was primetime and ended up sun tanning in my stand instead. Hope the weather stays cooperative.

BT

Top Bottom