Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Question

BowHunter84

Has anyone ever had it that when they shoot 20 yards and then 30 yards they use the same pin? i set up my mathews bow today and found this to be my case! I couldnt believe it so i went inside to take a break from shooting, came back out and sure enough 20 and 30 yards use same pin. 10 and 40 yard pin are different though. Should i check again??

Keep shooting the bow and be happy.

Most new bows shoot so fast and flat the 20 and 30 yard pins are the same. Most people can use 1 pin out to 30 yards with no problems.

The big thing is make sure you shoot broadheads that your going to hunt with. Dont just assume your BH will hit where your field tips do.

yeah i know, i practiced all day with my broadheads, you should see my block target lol. It is is dead on
the broadheads shot well low and way to the right

When shooting my bow I have found that I can us one pin out to thirty five yards.

With my field tips and carbon arrows I hold approximately 6" low of where I what my arrow to impact at 10-15 yds, hold right on at 20-25 yds, and slightly high at 30-35 yds.

I am very lucky in that my broadheads fly straight. I do however have to hold alittle higher on the desired point of impact as they are heavier than my field tips.

I hear that a lot from Mathews shooters that shoot light carbon arrows. I shoot a Mathews as well but I believe in kinetic energy & shoot aluminum 2216's. I'll sacrifice speed for a little wieght to penitrate better on bruiser bucks so I do have to use 2 pins for 20 & 30 yards, it all boils down to what works for you. I don't know why it works but I pratcie with 125 grain target tips & hunt with 100 grain Steel Force broad heads. I don't have to change pin locations, shoots exactly the same & they fly like darts!

I have a 4 inch bulls eye on my target.20 at the top,30 in the center and 35 at the bottom.One pin to cover all.I do have a pin set at about 42 yards and 1 at 50.Most likely wont use them very often.My bow is a pse.These new bows shooting carbon are great.

Top Bottom