Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rain wear

J

jason

I'm looking into buying rain wear for turkey hunting and fishing. I want something light weight (uninsolated) but I dont' want it to rip or tare because ever turkey season it seems I'm crawling on the ground, or walking through berry bushes that are full or needles. So I need something durable but I dont want to spend an arm and a leg for it, any suggestions would be a great help!!

Thanks and good hunting

jason

try checking out the cabelas webpage. if you look hard enough you can find some pretty good deals for decent stuff.

Two different brands to choose from. I have the Browning Hydrofleece featherweight jacket and pants and they performed flawlessly even when the temps were on the rise. Another great brand to choose from is the Cabelas MT050 packable rainwear. Both garments, the hide is as tough as they come and are light enough to be worn early to mid season and on days when inclimate weather keeps the birds on roost. I can not comment on the other stuff out there but I have both of these styles and feel they are the best out there although they are a bit pricey but you will not wear them out......S220

You might want to try out some Saddlecloth, I have a complete outfit from Pella...nothing keeps me drier in the rain, it also holds its color extremely well. I have walked down the middle of the creek in my pants and never got wet, the cloth soaked up alot of water and became very heavy but I stayed dry.

That Browning Hydrofleece is a really nice way to go. Durable and dependable. It's a bit pricey but in the long run you will be happy since you won't have to buy another jacket for quite a few years.

I found a great deal on Cabela's Dry-Plus rain suede coat and pants early last spring and love 'em. They have tons of nice features: double layer knees, seat, forearms and elbows (great for crawling through wet grass), plenty of pockets, suspender buttons, adjustable hood and cuffs (pants too), and very quiet. Kept me warm and dry in a steady rain. Even at full price, it's a good deal and you're not paying extra for the Gore-tex name.

They've got some stuff on sale right now.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/horizontal-pod.jhtml?id=0012472&navAction=push&navCount=2&indexId=cat470084&parentId=cat470084&parentType=index&rid=

Threebeards

I'll give another recommendation for Cabela's MTO50. I've had mine several years....perfect rain gear for spring turkey season in Iowa.

Jason- Depending on your size, growth, & budget you will have some choices. I don't know how old you are or how much growing you have left. The Cabelas MTO50 has lots of happy customers, I know someone that thinks the Browning stuff is great. I've got a set of Natural Gear that I like. Good stuff is all expensive but you get what you pay for. I always had a packable set of ripstop lightweight from Cabelas that I carried in my vest, very light & better than nothing but not REAL raingear. Good Luck making up your mind.

Top Bottom