Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rambo Roamer 750w

Tmayer13

So I was lucky enough to win a Rambo Roamer and trailer from F6 outdoors on a raffle they had last week. So my plan is to review this bike on this thread and then I will be making another thread where I compare it to my $1000 budget bike from E-bay. Hopefully I can help someone make a choice on a bike if they are in the market.

First off the overall look of the Rambo is VERY nice. It is definitely made with some fairly high quality materials(the bike itself). Mine came full assembled so I do not know how long it would take to setup if you purchased brand new but I would assume not too bad. It does have front suspension but nothing in back. It comes with Kenda puncture resistant tires and they appear to be of higher quality as well. There is an ON/OFF switch located on the battery itself which I find to be a nice feature. After you turn that switch to the ON position there is an ON/OFF button located on the handlebar controller. This controller is also where range(speed) selector is located and a light button which I found only brightens up the display(which in my opinion is a useless feature). The display is very nice, it shows the range, MPH, odometer and battery level. There is a gear selector located on the right handle, its a bit different than the other ones I've seen and to be real honest I am not too sure how it works but you use it like a twist throttle which just seems odd. The bike is equipped with a Thumb throttle located on the right side of the handle bars as well. This bike is a Mid Drive bike. Its 750w which I believe peaks at 1000w(I don't know what that means). It seems to have a lot of power that would be more than capable of tackling decent sized hills.

I took this bike on the first ride last night. Here are some things I noticed. The pedal assist response is VERY fast, basically as soon as you begin to pedal the motor kicks in quickly(its not this way on all bikes). It is a very smooth ride with the 26" tires. I topped out at about 19 mph which is plenty fast on a bike. I am also 6'3 250 lbs. of rock hard muscle(or sloppy beer). This bike is rated for 300 lbs. so I am nearing the top end of that so maybe with someone a bit shorter and lighter it would go faster. The steering is very tight which I couldn't decide if I liked or not. I went through all the ranges and as I mentioned the responsiveness was rather quick. I only rode it around the neighborhood but I did drive through some grass and try to find some rougher areas to ride on. The front shock is VERY smooth. Even without the rear suspension it was a very nice ride. It seemed to have plenty of power even at only half battery. This bike also came equipped with the Cloud 9 that Rambo offers. If you buy an E-bike GET THIS SEAT! Very comfortable and it makes a large difference!

So here are a couple things I did not like. This bike came with the Rambo fenders. Although I believe they will serve their purchase, they are extremely cheap feeling. I do not like how the front fender does not cover the top of the front tire, seems like in a muddy situation, you could get mud flinging straight up(Maybe not though, time will tell). This bike also came equipped with the Rambo flashlight. Its literally just a flashlight that clamps into a holder on the handle bars. It runs on either a rechargeable battery or you can put either AA or AAA in a battery pack. I feel this should be a fixed light that is run off the bikes battery. I just feel for the money they charge for these accessories they could be of a little better quality. Another thing I am not fond of is the thumb throttle. I have pretty large hands and I still have to move my hand to the side to reach it(hard to explain I'll take some pics to show what I mean). They could have come up with something different IMO.

This bike also came with a trailer. I don't have a lot to say about it other than it looks like it will serve a purpose and do as its described.

Overall this is a very nice bike and still at a decent price point. I will continue to try and gather some info on it for you guys as the days go by. As always if you have any questions feel free to reach out.

Attachments

• IMG_20230414_200212549.jpg
    IMG_20230414_200212549.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Love it!!! This bike market is exploding, that’s for sure!!! Which is a GOOD thing as I’ve seen power go up, prices go down & the amount of “problems” electric has - go down as well. Look forward to the comparison.

Update: Turns out the tires on this bike were not filled up quite enough. I put 20lbs of air in each tire and was able to hit 20 mph.

Top Bottom