Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ran a fire through the farm this weekend

hesseu

Timing and weather finally cooperated. Have had a 52 acre burn planned this dormant season. While not "great" satellite pics, EOS has a landviewer that captured these aerial images. The before and after. 26 acres of old field management burned, and 26 acres of TSI woods burned. Was a little different this go-around with an easterly wind.

Attachments

• After.jpg
    After.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8596.jpg
    IMG_8596.jpg
    354.8 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8599.jpg
    IMG_8599.jpg
    453.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_8600.jpg
    IMG_8600.jpg
    411.6 KB · Views: 39
  • OnX View.jpg
    OnX View.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 39
My second favorite habitat practice to perform(TSI/Chainsaw work #1). I was hoping to burn this past weekend as well but still had some wet spots! Nice work

We are burning a couple units this year. One will be in timber the other is old field. We plan to wait until the late March/early April to knock back invasive. Also does amazing for turkeys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Find any sheds ?
Really didn't look for any. For 2 guys, we were VERY busy getting this done on a 1 day burn :) I will have to go looking when back up there. Last year found some small ones after a burn...but, we burned in March last year.

Cool! Post some followup pics of your timber burns if you think of it!
That's the plan. Since I'm in SW Missouri, we will green up a couple of weeks sooner. This is the first fire after the TSI work was completed. So, I'm pretty excited to see how it responds.

We are burning a couple units this year. One will be in timber the other is old field. We plan to wait until the late March/early April to knock back invasive. Also does amazing for turkeys!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Fire is my favorite turkey "food plot" :) Our month of March is extremely busy, so we had to take advantage of the day!

Yup very good tool, also a very bad tool if used by beginners who think they know what they're doing! We see a few of these type every spring.

I was the young kid who played with fireworks & seemed to catch everything on fire & fire dept called several times. Burnt down my neighbors pine tree. Field fires. I’ll admit - I never do anything with fire since I have PTSD from fires as a kid. I’m gonna learn this & do it safely.

Road systems and creeks are your best friend. Another reason why I'm a huge proponent of having a road around your property and not just through it. Humidity between 30-60% ( I prefer 40-60%), Winds 3-8 mph

Top Bottom