Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Reasons for wearing your harness...

G

GunnerJon

Just got off the phone with my Dad and he told me some shocking news. Two separate guys have fallen out of their treestands in the last few days only a few miles from my hometown and they both broke their necks. I don't know all the details, but thought I would let ya'll know what happened and to let this be a lesson for everyone to WEAR THEIR SAFETY HARNESSESS!!!!
Good luck and good hunting

-GunnerJon

I know of an acident this weekend that resulted in a broken arm and wrist. Check your equipment and get that belt on!!

I did the back-flip out of (luckily) my lowest stand/14ft during second weekend of early muzzleloader season. I made the mistake of grabbing for a dead branch on my way down, that's why I usually make an effort to cut or break those branches off, guess I didn't with that one. Luckily I bounced off of enough branches on the way down it slowed my fall. I took a doe from a ladder stand that night, decided I wouldn't feel like going out the next morning. My back and shoulder hurt for a couple days, but I don't think I'll test my other eight lives. Slow down and think about what you're doing. If it doesn't feel right stay in the stand for awhile and think it over.

My wife's, friends, dad slipped off a tree step while he was trying to get into the stand, he fell and a step caught him in the arm pit and ripped it's way down to damn near his elbow. This happened a few weeks ago and with stitches and soreness he's starting to hunt again. Thankfully he's going to be ok. As Shovelbuck's quote says:

"Take your time, you'll get a much more harmonious outcome"

I was one that always felt I would never fall I thought I was very safety conscious. Three years ago I climbed into a stand and tossed the belt around the tree, reached for it and missed my momentum carried me forward and I fell around 18 feet landed on a six inch log broke 6 ribs bruised and seperated my shoulder. Took over fours hours to get out of the woods and to the ER.

Dr.'s quote was "I do not know if you are a religious man, but if you need to thank god that you are alive and that you have the use of your arms and legs, it is a miracle that you only had these injuries."

I lost the entire season and had three months of very little sleep. ( I could not get comfortable) Please be safe . If possible wear a belt up the tree and on the way down. If this can happen to me it can happen to anyone. Yes it was stupid to toss the belt around the tree. I got complacent.

Good luck and hunt safe.

Deano

Several years ago a guy fell out of a tree while putting up a stand, he broke his back and laid there for several days before he was found. He died in the hospital.

1. Wear a safety Harness

2. Always let someone know where your hunting

Top Bottom