Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rocket steelheads

Buckhunter

I am thinking of going to mechanical broadhead's and was wondering what you guy's think of the steelheads(100 grain).Does anyone shoot these and if so how have they performed?
I cannot get my thunderheads to fly worth a dame out of my new bow!
Thank's

Buckhunter,

I shot thunderheads for years and think they are a great head. The only thing I didn't like is I couldn't get them to shoot the same as my field tips.

Several years ago I switched to Rocket Steelheads. I also changed bows at the same time. I've had great success with Steelheads. They shoot great for me. Most shots are complete pass throughs. My son and I have taken several big bucks, a number of does, antelope, kudu, gemsbok, hartebeest, impala, warthog and other African game other and not had any problems. At most a blade may bend but I always replace them anyway. Very few animals go over 150 yards and most have dropped in sight. We do pick our shots very carefully.

About the only down side is that the screws holding in the blades are a bit of a challenge for me to work with when replacing blades. I've shot them with both carbon and aluminum.

Good luck and good hunting! Old Buck

I shoot Rocket Miniblaster 4L or 3L in 85 gr. I've shot many deer with them on gold tip XT arrows, almost always a complete pass through, with merely a bent or nicked blade. A big thumbs up !

What are your setups and ke's. Two kills (one mine one not) both at less than 20 yrds. both no complete pass thru. I shoot 52lbs. ke (kind of on the low side) but at less than 20 yrds. no pass thru ????

buckhunter what kind of a bow do you have? i have a mattews fx and i dont have any trouble with thunderheads. i shot a buck this year under 20 yards and it sizzled right thru it. i did have a little problem with mechanicals though, they werent very consistant. but it is your own preference about what to shoot.

Top Bottom