Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

rutnstruts 2003 bow buck

rutnstrut

PMA Member
Sorry so late posting the story and pics but here it is. I shot this deer the evening of Nov. 9th. That morning while driving to another farm to hunt i saw a very large non-typical in the ditch next to another property that i hunt. I stopped to watch him and try to keep him from crossing the road so that i could come back and hunt him later that day. Around noon i pulled in to hunt the large non-typical, brought the decoy and was already to smash the horns together and hope for the best, but as soon as i got set up a button buck came into the field and didnt leave until about 45 min. til dark. As soon as he was gone i started rattling. Thirty seconds or so went by after i was done rattling when i heard a grunt in the timber, i hit the can call and then noticed a buck standing 40yds away in the corner of the field raking his antlers in a cedar. No matter what i did i couldn't pull him into the field for a clear shot, finally with minutes of shooting light left he moved into the decoy bristled up and side stepping. The only problem was he was getting down wind of me so i had to shoot or he would wind me so at around 40-45yds i touched the release and he took off. He only ran about 80yds and tipped over just out of sight. Not the big non-typical but good enough for that day.
1259hospital_buck_3.jpg

Top Bottom