Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scope suggestions?

What size scope/ brand does everyone recommend for a smokeless muzzeloader scope..gonna be a 300 to 350 yd gun 4-16x44 is what I was thinking maybe..the vortex viper hs-t or the crossfire II 4-26x50 strictly a hunting muzzeloader so looking to see if either of them are good or what all you more experienced shooters prefer! Thanks

I've always been a fan of a 50mm lens just for field of view and pulling in light. As far as magnification that will be totally up to your liking! Be prepared to get a lot of different opinions on this subject!

FF

From what Ive seen/heard Vortex has a hard time holding up on the smokeless...they physically break them. The guy who built my gun said there are only 3 scopes that hold up. Leupold, Nightforce, and Sightron. He recommended to me putting the Sightron on mine so thats what I went with. I believe mine is a 4-20x50 Sightron tactical. The best part is the scope is very economically priced. I told him that I am more than happy spending a grand+ on an optic and he continued to recommend the sightron. Tactical turret for dialing in those long ranges.

I would never put a vortex on a smokeless. Been there, done that. Didnt last a dozen shots and that was a $1,200 scope. You can find countless other people online with same exact story.

I personally run the luepold VX6HD. Other good options mentioned above in either price range direction.

I think the gen II vortex does not stand well with smokeless. But the original vortex do fine. I have a sightron s-tac moa 2 4x20 on my smokeless, very nice scope. Seems to be holding up well.

I think the gen II vortex does not stand well with smokeless. But the original vortex do fine. I have a sightron s-tac moa 2 4x20 on my smokeless, very nice scope. Seems to be holding up well.
This! Good mid range scopes include the right Vortex or Sightron. Sightron S-tac and SIII do great, and some Vortex do too. I am a fan of the 50ML lens as stated by fastfreddy.

Top Bottom