Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Scored on a Fall Turkey Yesterday

Bodeen

I went on an afterwork hunt yesterday and it was one of the best hunts I've ever had. I saw 1 coyote, 3 does, 7 bucks that were running together. One of them was a nice 10 that would score over 140". I saw at least 15 turkeys, and as far as I could tell they were all gobblers. I ended up shooting one of the gobblers. He weighed 20 lbs, 11" beard and 1 1/8 spurs.
IMG_2908.jpg

IMG_2913.jpg

He was less than 20 yards away. I aimed for the front of his breast and he must have lowered his head just before I shot because it ended up being a head shot.
IMG_2909.jpg

The arrow entered below his left eye, exited the neck on the right side and entered the chest at the base of his beard. There was about 10 inches of shaft sticking out of his tail. Some of his beard is still out there in the field.

He obviously never knew what hit him! Was his head pinned to his chest? Great shot, great photos, great eatin'!!

Congrats,

threebeards

Threebeards, ya' there was about an inch of arrow holding it there.
shocked.gif

Dirtball, that's what one of the guys at work said.
smile.gif

Tracker, the Mo. archery tag gets you two any deer and two either sex turkey tags. At $19 it's a pretty good value... hours, days, weeks and months of entertainmant.
smile.gif

Muddy, I thought of your headshot gobbler when I was carrying him back to the truck. Mine was an accident though.
bow.gif

Wow $19.00, that's about seventy five less that what we would have to give in Iowa. Now when you've got 3 or 4 in family that shoots archery, that will save some loot. Best of luck the rest of the season. Hope to see you picture on here alot.

Top Bottom