Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Second time

H

Harvesttime

Last night it happened again. On Oct. 3rd my son and I both harvested does. Last night I stopped on the way home from work at a stand I have not hunted this year. Only had about an hour but had a great hunt. Rattled in a 140 class 8 pt. Watched him work 3 scrapes within 20 yds of my stand. Then was able to take a nice doe at 10 yards. When I got home my son said he had gotten his first buck. Said he rattled it in along with 3 smaller bucks. Had hung out three sent tabs and this buck came in hard. He shot over it at 20 yards and the buck ran off. He put another arrow in and much to his dismay the buck came back. Hit it a bit far back at thirty yards. We decided to let it lay last night and he found it this morning at 10 a.m. Had gone several hundred yards and crossed a very deep ravine. We drug it out (all up hill) and dressed it out. I emailed the picture to Tony so should be on later. Can not believe we did it twice this year. Tom

Way to go! Great story!

Here is the photo, thanks for sharing.

HarvesttimeSon.jpg

Top Bottom