Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Setting up on deer in youth season

StrutnRut2

Iv been seeing a lot of deer out in the bean fields and Im wondering how I should set up on them during youth season. Should I set up near the bedding areas or on field edge.Thanks for any help.

I would say head for the bean field if the deer are there. It will be less pressure on the deer for later in the season if you don't invade the bedding areas.

If you can figure out where the paths are that the deer are using to emerge into the field, you could set up a treestand of ground blind at the edge of the field near the path, get there well before sundown, and wait for the right opportunity.

Have kids hunted before? Shot much? Field edges can allow more sightings making it easier to stay interesting. Bedding areas generally give closer shooting but requiers alot more patience. Sorry not a dirrect answer but things to think about.

we have had great sucess setting up in the bean field about 40 yrds from the edge that they are coming out of the woods from the beans give great cover and the kids have wide open shots

Top Bottom