Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Spartan camera data plans

kelcher

How does the new shared data plan work with Spartan now. The camera I have now I can add to my phone plan for $5/month. Doesn't look like that is an option anymore???

They are now controlled through Spartans app completely, no need for the cell phone plan + premium credits. Also, the cameras work off of multiple cell networks, whatever is best in your area. The camera automatically detects and connects. We have had absolutely amazing luck with these new M cameras. Now, you buy a data package, I believe 6 gb for 6 months, or 12gb 12 months. Each data package can have 10 cameras operating on the plan. The data package has a set price, and each of the 10 cameras you add to the plan, is $5/month/camera. I can't remember the exact math, but it works out to $10/month/camera, roughly.

We have 2, 7+ year old us cellular cameras that still work perfect(until us cellular drops 3g), and 20 of the new M model cams. We run 10 year round on the 12gb 12 month plan. We have all 10 running full time, 365, and we will have 2-3gb of data left over at the end. The remaining 10 we run 6 months 6gb for scrape locations, etc. We had 3gb leftover when that plan ran out this spring.

The best part, Spartans send EVERY SINGLE PHOTO taken to your phone / app. No finding images on the SD card that you never got sent. No spotty connection issues, etc. I have one on a driveway, and I get the photo to my phone before the vehicle makes it 100 yards down the drive. Funny story, had a chicken eating predator on the road the other day, phone buzzed and I got him within minutes. Can't say enough amazing things on Spartans.

The old cameras will remain connected through the cell phone carriers until the carriers drop the coverage - and then the cameras will be useless as cells. Can't bring them to new data plans as I understand.

Still looks like I will be spending quite a bit more now per month if I buy one more camera. Looks like 1GB is $22.99/month where right now I am paying $5/month for cellular + $5/month for premium credits. Sounds like it went backward unless you are planning to run 10 cameras. Disappointing that I couldn't keep the same type of plan on a new camera.

I take it back. It looks like they still have the standard cameras that are tied to a specific cellular provider available. Missed it somehow when I was looking earlier.

I bought a few last year, added them to my cell phone plan for 5 bucks a month with unlimited pics. Still gotta buy credits to use the app but its still the cheapest plan I could find and the picture quality is excellent.

Top Bottom