Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Sprayer question

bjkpharmd

Want to buy a sprayer for ATV. Would get one for tractor 3pt but want to be able to transport for home use easier.

I'm leaning towards 25 or 26 gallon. What do I avoid in pumps? Do I want a 1.8 gpm, 2.1, 3.8 or ? On pumps is bigger always better or is a smaller quality brand better? Brands to avoid or who has a good one? Has anyone mounted a 16 gallon on front and the larger one on the rear? Boomless or boom? I'm confused. Where have you found the best prices?

Mine is a 24 gal not sure of the motor size. I've made folding booms that mount to the back of the 4 wheeler. I put a in line shutoff for the wand and boom. I think by making it myself it was less than half. Just make sure you attach it well . When full it wants to shift.I've used it in the yard and for thistles ,works slick
smile.gif
A good idea would be extra hose for the wand for deep ditch banks that are tough to get at.

Ihave a 25 gallon fimco with 10foot booms have sprayed at least 200 acres with it in the last three years.Things to look for are plug type power adaptor if the atv has one,booms that are spring loaded that reset auto. Also one that uses nozzles from teejet as they have a wide variety of patterns.If you only want to spray entire areas and can wait until there is no wind than boomless is the way to go_One thing that I would recommend is only using clean water it makes it much easier.

Top Bottom