Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Still Holding???

goose3803

I think this buck might still have his antlers from last year. What do you guys think? He has huge bases.

CDY_0024-1.jpg

CDY_0031.jpg

CDY_0108.jpg

Hmmmm...very interesting, but I would lean more towards those being this years antlers that appear to be losing their velvet already. He looks reasonbly healthy though, I am not sure I have ever heard of a buck losing velvet in early July.

Any chance you have earlier pics this year of him?

Huh? He does look like he's beat up and broke up a bit. Maybe he got hit by a car or something and is causing him to shed his velvet early or the damage to the rack is causing it. Definitely strange and you are correct, massive bases..

Could have in jured his jewels and still holding, they don't look like this years growth at all. Even looks like the tree rats were knawing on his antlers while he was napping!Dang tree rats, now there not waiting until they fall off.......

Could have in jured his jewels and still holding, they don't look like this years growth at all. Even looks like the tree rats were knawing on his antlers while he was napping!Dang tree rats, now there not waiting until they fall off.......

I agree...doesn't look like new growth to me. Something weird going on with that deer.

I had a buck a few years ago that had one good side and one side that grew then started to fall apart. He did it for 2 years in a row. I dont know what it is from.

Very interesting, , Personally I do not think he looks very heathy at all, as far as body weight goes for this time of year, I tried blowing up the second photo looking for jewel's, but can not make them out, Something just does not look right about the hind quarter's at all,
just my 2 cents

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Cooter said:
Doesn't look in good shape to me. In the second pic looks like he may have the scours and it looks like he has his danglers. Can't say if it's last years rack or this years that dried up early. I'm guessing this years that has dried up.

-}}}---------->

Not trying to be smart but don't all deer get scours if on a all grass diet? I know cattle do that even with ruff age in their diet.

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Top Bottom