Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

String selection

Wilson

I am in need of a new string before I dial in for the 2004 bow season and was wondering if anyone could give me advice on which one to buy. I shoot a Hoyt Magnatech !! <font color="red"> </font>

I just had a custom string made the guy told me was made out of the same material as the Winners Choice strings....those I have heard are the best out there.....so I have heard (you know how that is) You could also go to a hoyt dealer and just have them order stock strings.....at least you know they will fit.

Rudd would probably be better versed to answer that one, I have heard of them but think they do stretch a little???????

Winners Choice are made out of 8125 BCY material. You can save yourself a few bucks and find a string maker. I know of several that would help you out. Other great materials with virtually no creep (or string stretch) is Brownell Utracam, D-75 thin, 452x and a newer product that has just came out is TS-1. I have had horrible luck with Hoyt factory strings.....especially in heat. Send me a pm and I will hook you up with a reputable maker. I know there is a few that lurk on this site as well. Good Luck.

winners choice is the best of the best from what i've heard. Zebras can make due as well for about half the price. never heard of the other one mentioned.

Rudd

of the guys you know who make strings could you send me a PM with a few names, address, &amp; phone numbers?? if you know ballpark prices that'd be cool too. thanks.

I also have a Winner's Choice string and buss cable made from BCY 8125,which I really like,although alittle pricey.But to me it's worth not having to twist strings and cables all the time due to strech.Winner's Choice strings are prestreched to eliminate creep and you can order them in other materials also.The last I checked you could get BCY 8125,452 and Brownell D-75 thin.

Winner's Choice is the only choice, worth the money. Fast Flight does stretch &amp; has been known to break.

Judo,I forgot to mention, regardless of what string you choose,you may want to consider replacing the buss cables also. I'm figuring your replacing the string due to wear and it's a few years old,and if that's the case,I'd replace the cables also,just my opinion.I'd hate to go through setting the bow with a new string,only to find you need new cables also, right before the season.Something to consider since your replacing the string.

If I could afford it-Winners Choice.I have got Zebras on my mathews.Someday though Winners Choice.
frown.gif

This past hunting season I put a Zebra string on my old High Country. That string never has quit stretching. I twisted it probably 4 times during our archery season. I inspected the cam position last week and it has stretched more, without shooting it. In fact it has too many twists in it now and needs to be replaced.

Earlier this summer I had some strands break on my Bowtech string. I replaced the string with a Winners Choice and I am extremely pleased. I've shot it a bunch and the peep has been in the same position as when I installed it.

I agree Bodeen,I don't personally care for the Zebra strings either.I had the same problem when I purchased my Mathews that came with a Zebra string.I eventually took it off and went with the Winner's Choice.Zebra strings are twisted, but not prestreched like the Winner's Choice,which leads to excessive creep.There are alot of good string makers out there,but if they don't pre-strech the string fibers before assembly it will never compare to the Winner's Choice.And another nice feature is that the serving will not slip or seperate even on todays single cam buss cables.The original Zebra string on my bow seperated at the serving on the cam and started to wear.I've had the Winner's Choice on now for 2 years and no problems.Best string out there, period.

You guys are correct about WC strings being stretched. That is the key. Nowadays there are many Stringmakers/retailers that use the same pre-sretching methods that they use. I am saying that if a person wants a very similar quality string for about $40 cheaper finding a builder is the way to go. I am no string builder but have built a few. I prestretched my strings as well and had very minimal string stretch.

In that case Rudd,I wouldn't hesitate to try another brand that's pre-streched,where I could save some money also.I wondered when other companies would duplicate this process and sell them cheaper.I personally don't know of any,but amagine there are some out there.I'll have to look into that next string and cable I need,Thanks for the heads up.And a good test for other brand strings would be to watch the serving.Mainly on the single cams with the buss cable where it tracks on the cam.If the serving doesn't seperate at all,you got a good quality string and cable,if it seperates it's streching some.

PA, I know what you mean. I had a Hoyt Striker Redline cam that was notorius for the serving separating......you definetly have to watch those things.

Top Bottom