Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Succesfull 2nd Shotgun Season

C

cacrawfo

My Stepdad and little brother came up from Fla and joined myself,a friend and my 16 yr old brother-in-law for second season and we had a great season. Final tally was 9 does 1 small buck (thought it was a doe). Saw alot of nice bucks and had shots at two of them. My stepdad hit one that we blood trailed over two miles before loosing it. Would have been his first big Iowa buck. We also pushed one bruiser that left our property and was shot by a hunter on the neighboring property. He was nice enough to let us get a couple of photos of the beast when we saw him leaving later that afternoon! ALthough we didn't get any big boys this year we met our management goal of taking atleast 6-7 mature does off our property this year, and everyone had a fun, exciting and most of all a safe week! In the end that's what it should always be about. I hope everyone else had as much fun as we did and hopefully some of you got the big boy you wanted.

P.S.
got a couple of does for the big mama contest try to get them posted as soon as we get the pics developed.

congrats on the deer and supassing your goal on shooting does!

huntn4life88

Top Bottom