Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

T/C Encore Question

Scott

Just wondering what kind of loads people use in their Encores. What kind and size sabot and how much pyrodex? I hear of some people getting real tight groups, but I just cant find the right combination.

I use the 250 grain Barnes expander bullet in front of 120 grains of th new triple 7 powder. Get sub 1" groups at 100 yards and velocity of 2115fps. I played with 130 grains and sill get 1" groups at 2200fps. 2 of my buddies shoot the same load with the same results. Another shoots 110 grains of 777 with the 240 Hornady XTP and is about 1.5" groups. This is jsut us, your results may vary. This new 777 powder is really the ticket though. Fast and eassy to clean up.

your problem is probably related to cleaning and fouling . try this.throw out your pyrodex.go get some triple seven powder.clean your gun till the barrel shines inside.dry it out.fire 2- 209 primers.load it and shoot it. take a dry patch and run it down and back.load and shoot. you can usually do this for 3-4 shots before you need to clean it again.black powder guns are very finnicky about how the barrels are fouled and cleaned. i know it sounds like a pain but if you want to shoot sub 1 inch groups you need to find out what your barrel likes for prep.
i have knight super disc .45 and it took alot of experimenting to find what shot best but found that fouling was more important than loads and bullets.good luck!

130 grains Pyrodex Pellets.
240 grain Hornady bullet w/ sabot
Keep it clean.
Sub 1" groups at 100 yards.
That's what works for me.

Haven't tried 777 yet, but plan to as soon as the pellets are gone. Good luck.

Top Bottom