Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tag Stew Anyone??

NWBuck

PMA Member
Well, being just a weekend hunter I'm done for the early season, and find myself in need of a good "tag stew" recipe
smile.gif
Had a few does and a smaller buck test my resolve over the weekend, but decided to just watch. Anyone else need the recipe? Good hunting all!

NWBuck

still after em here goin out right now. big deer or nothin sometimes nets the nothin.

Well I am still out there trying, but I have eaten tag stew for four years now.

I located this 180+ b/c buck four years ago you know what I have had on my mind. Have seen him twice this bow season, but to far away for a shot. His rack has gone from a typical to a non-typical now, he must be seven or so years old. He was looking pretty frail a week ago when I saw him, not sure he will make it thru the winter. Have passed on several really nice 140-145 class bucks, my hunting friends think I'm nuts.....

I will be eating tag soup again this year unless I get really lucky and find something after slug season,not to likely, but I havn't given up yet. Three years ago I made up my mind not to shoot anything under a 125 to 130; before that I was shooting the small basket racks. Decided to let the small ones get bigger. Actually just seeing alot of deer traffic sitting in the tree stand is worth alot. AL

I will be eating tag soup again this year unless I get really lucky and find something after slug season,not to likely, but I havn't given up yet. Three years ago I made up my mind not to shoot anything under a 125 to 130; before that I was shooting the small basket racks. Decided to let the small ones get bigger. Actually just seeing alot of deer traffic sitting in the tree stand is worth alot. AL

ALL OF YOU ARE IA RESIDENTS-RIGHT- WELL YA KNOW THAT THERE BOW SEASON GOES 'TILL JAN. SOMETIMES. HEY IF YOUR READY TO COOK THE TAGS THATS FINE WITH ME, BUT IF I WERE YOU I WOULD PROBOBLY NOT GIVE UP YET. THE LARGE FEMALE HAS NOT YET SUNG AND A SNOWEY JAN. ON A FOOD PLOT CAN PRODUCE SOME AMAZING RESULTS. M 350 OUT

Im going to be eating a lot of tag stew!!
IM trying to fill 2 tags for deer and 1 for turkey
Still trying though
Passed a 5 pointer that decided to bed down 6-8 yards from me! He kept me company for about 30 mins.

Yep, a very rare anysex tag going in the pot. Just had the bar a little too high this year. But I already know what I will be seeing next year and it will be good!

Have overrun my bowhunting gasoline budget badly. Time to move on to the smokepole.

A great year as far as quality hunting. And some doe in the freezer is O-Tay!
smile.gif

Happy Holidays!

Heres a good one.Years ago,on the last day of season I had a doe coming and it was so cold that when she crossed the creek I was sitting overThe water on her hair froze insantly.She took a couple of steps and I let the arrow fly.Got down to see if I had hit her and found a big wad of hair and no blood.I took the hair and put it in a ziploc bag and hung it on the wall.I told my friends I was going to eat it but never did.

Top Bottom