Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Targets

docH

The wealth of knowledge on this site is great, so I thought I would throw this out. I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but I would like any and all opinions on targets. I need to replace my current target. I'm looking into the layered targets (Black Hole, The Block, etc.) but would be open to suggestions. I will be shooting primarily field points but would also be shooting some broadheads. Any info would be greatly appreciated!
26404-archer[1].gif

The block is a great field point target,but broadheads will tear the " HOLY LIVING HELL " out of it!! VERY QUICK! <font color="blue"> </font>
893archer-thumb[1].gif

"The only good broadhead target to use is someone else's"
Block and black hole are good layered foam targets, if you want a deer with a layered foam section look into Delta's buck target. Or their 3D's are very economical.
Good Luck

Thanks Supertec,I too was lookin at the Block for broadhead practice.Thanks for the heads-up.

I agree with Supertech. Both are excellent choices. They work exceptionally well for carbon arrows and allow for easy removal. I have a heck of a time pulling my carbons from my 3-D target and those at 3-D shoots. I love my carbns, but I wish they pull out easier!

[ QUOTE ]
The block is a great field point target,but broadheads will tear the " HOLY LIVING HELL " out of it!! VERY QUICK! <font color="blue"> </font>
893archer-thumb[1].gif

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO!!!!!

Release Hunter, you may want to try a "Lube Tube" or just plain ol' ivory soap on your carbons, and investing in an arrow puller (Vista makes an excellent puller) would also help your arrows pull out much easier.

Thanks for the insight guys! I'll just have to remember to use my broadheads at a friends house!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the insight guys! I'll just have to remember to use my broadheads at a friends house!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Good idea Doc!

I recently bought that new Mackenzie target; I have been pleased so far. With the Mackenzie you can shoot all four sides, and there are no steel bands to destroy your arrows, and after 100’s of shots you can adjust the rubber coated steel cables down tighter, so your target will last much longer. I bought the Mackenzie crossbow target, I liked the color and the target pattern, it works well with bows and crossbows.
grin.gif

I purchased a cheap styro-foam block target from Wal-Mart. It was about $13 and I only use it for sighting in my broadheads. I have used it every fall for 3 years and it is holding up great. Broadheads pull easily from it and it stops them fine.

GlenDell Buck is a fun target to shoot, but is a little pricey. However, it is holding up very nicely.

Top Bottom