Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Ten year drought is over!

IAspurs

Life Member
Tonight 11/16/12 I ended my ten year drought. It had been ten years since I had drawn my bow on a buck. Tuesday I passed this deer at 30 yds knowing I had all week to hunt. Friday afternoon I returned to the same stand knowing given the oppertunity I would take the shot this time. I sat in the stand for over 2 hours without seeing a deer. At 3:30 I had a doe and fawn enter the food plot. Shortly after a small 7 point showed up and started chasing the doe. The 7 point left the foodplot and the doe fed to the west of me. Around 4 he appears at 40 yds walking straight at me. He enters the foodplot at 30 yds and heads to the west out of my shooting lane. Im standing there watching him feed away from me thinking he would soon be gone. All of a sudden he starts to chase the doe that I had forgotten about and she turns and runs thru my shooting lane at 15 yds. He turns and starts to trot after her, I draw my bow and he stops in my lane 20 yds. I settle my pin and let it fly. As soon as I saw the arrow hit him I knew I made a great shot. I watched him exit the foodplot with blood pumping out of his left side. I sat in the stand until 5 waiting for my brothers who were still hunting. At 5:15 I met my brothers and we returned to track the deer. We followed the blood trail for 80 yds and the celebration began. It made it special to have my 3 brothers there with me when I recovered my best bow buck. He is a mainframe 9 point with 2 small points on his left base. He grossed right at 153''.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
If you look above the doe at the top of the pic you can see me in the tree about to draw my bow.

Last edited:
Wow, living in Iowa and waiting ten years to draw back on a buck. That must have been tough! Good job on the buck! We need pictures!

man law violation. No pictues of dead deer on a public forum!!!!!!

you are bad bad bad..............

oh. Congrats btw

Top Bottom