Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

THE EBIKE SHOW DOWN!

Tmayer13

Its not really a show down as I only have 2 bikes! So here is where I share the comparisons of my two bikes. I will hit Pro/Con as bullet points and answer whatever questions you guys have.

Ridstar 1000w 20" Fat Tire Bike
vs.
Rambo Roamer 750w 26" Fat Tire Bike

Lets this be very clear, I am not a "bike person"! I do not know the ins and out of bikes. I am solely going to give my opinions and findings of each bike and you can be the judge if one is worth a few grand more than the other.

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• IMG_20230414_200212549.jpg
    IMG_20230414_200212549.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20230323_194319368.jpg
    IMG_20230323_194319368.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Even though there is technically 6" difference in tires they basically sit at the same height.

Top Speed:
RidStar- 26mph
Rambo- 19 mph

Drives:
Rambo Mid-Drive is FAR MORE responsive than the Hub drive of the Ridstar

Transportability:
Ridstar folds for storage or hauling and the Rambo does not. The Ridstar actually fit in the back of the work car which is a Chevy Malibu. I will have to either get a bike hauler for my pickup or lift it in and out of the truck bed which seems daunting as a full frame bike.

Tires:
The Ridstar tires feel like they may be a little thinner compared to the Kenda tires on the Rambo. This is only based on feel and not factual data. I will also be interested to know what tubes are in the Rambo and see if the thorns have the same effect as the Ridstar "stock" tubes.

Fenders:
Ridstar has metal fenders that cover the wheels very well and seem to be well built. Rambo fenders are made of a soft plastic? and I am unsure of their longevity in the outdoors
One thing I hadn't thought about was the Ridstar fenders could potentially be "noisier" because they are metal? I guess we will see.

Lights:
The Rambo flashlight is garbage IMO. The Ridstar has an actual mounted light with a light switch that seems far more user friendly.

Seats:
The Cloud 9 on the Rambo is leaps and bounds over the Ridstar. I may actually order another to install on the "cheap" bike.

Noise:
The drive/chain system of the Ridstar appears to be a little louder riding down the road than the Rambo. I could be doing something incorrect and maybe its not that bad but when I rode the Rambo back into the driveway last night my wife even made a comment that it seems to be quieter.

Gear selector:
The gear selector on the Ridstar is far more user friendly I believe, BUT I need to ride the Rambo a bit more to make a final judgement on this topic.

Throttle:
The Ridstar is a twist throttle(like a dirt bike) and the Rambo is thumb throttle(like a 4 wheeler). I like the twist throttle way better but I think its because of far you have to reach to get the thumb throttle pressed.

I will report back with more info once I get it! Thanks for reading!

Turning the bike on:
Rambo has an on/off switch on the battery and then an on/off switch on the controller on the handle bars. Turn both on and your ready to rock.
Ridstar has a key that you have to turn(like a car) and then you turn the controller on and are ready to go.
The key seems to stay in there very tightly but if it would happen to fall out or get lost you would be up the creek as they say. I personally like the Rambo better

Top Bottom