Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

THE LAST BAD BILL LEFT!!! The worst!

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
This is the last one left & I’d strongly argue it’s the worst. Link below makes it 30 seconds to write in. Customize & personalize it.
SF553 - guaranteed NR tags for folks who “identify” (it’s a mess) as NR family members.
Some loose points & my thoughts…
1) probably close to 99% of hunters hunt by permission. We are 48 out of 50 for public land. If this passes- residents will check in for hunting permission & cast #’s will be displaced.
2) estimates of 10,000 to ???? More NR hunters. They identified around 35,000 farm units that would qualify for tags.
3) when residents have no where to go - deer numbers will explode. Residents of any state control deer #’s vastly better than NR’s. When Resident hunters quit…. Our state revenue & economy from hunting will suffer.
4) every state should prioritize residents & voters over NR’s & voters. Wildlife is a state resource & the big losers to this bill are the Resident hunters. By definition: young hunters & low to middle class working class hunters who rely on permission to hunt.
5) ground is increasingly locked up. This will exacerbate the problem. Access to quality land is widely shown to be the #1 issue facing resident hunters & the #1 reason they are quitting.

Email everyone. Or use the link. Share this!!!!
& BTW…. THIS BILL!!!!…. This sets it up for 2024 for them to bring back the “every landowner in iowa gets 2 tags to auction off to the highest bidder”. This is the stepping stone that will bring that dandy back next year. Both are disasters this state cannot handle. GO!!!!!!…..

LINK AT VERY END ABOVE^^^. Click it and the message goes straight to your legislature. Emailing all in house is better of course. But do it all & get everyone you know to.
Forgot to add…. The above bill is an enforcement nightmare for the DNR as well!!

Here was the response from my senator…

“Chad -
This bill is dead for this year and has been for a while. It may come up again in different form next year but for now it's done.
Sen. Shipley”

However it appears to be on the calendar as unfinished business — per page 15 of the calendar: https://www.legis.iowa.gov/docs/publications/SRCAL/1371577.pdf

I’m new to how our gov works. Which is right? Is it dead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here was the response from my senator…

“Chad -
This bill is dead for this year and has been for a while. It may come up again in different form next year but for now it's done.
Sen. Shipley”

However it appears to be on the calendar as unfinished business — per page 15 of the calendar: https://www.legis.iowa.gov/docs/publications/SRCAL/1371577.pdf

I’m new to how our gov works. Which is right? Is it dead?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IF THIS IS TRUE….., CONGRATS YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!
THE PEOPLE WON!!!!!! We defeated all the lobbyists & special interests & sell out politicians!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!! & IT WAS YOU!!!!!!

I’ve had two replies that say the same thing! I hope it’s dead for the year but they can be sneaky!!
We need a plan for next year to get the bad bill stopped before they start.

I’ve had two replies that say the same thing! I hope it’s dead for the year but they can be sneaky!!
We need a plan for next year to get the bad bill stopped before they start.
Next year is a new game. “THEY” think next year is gonna be another year of cleaning up & reintroducing these reject sell-out destructive bills. “THEY” are going to have another layer of “wall” to push them back next year. WE are planning too. 2024 - we’ll be ready & offense is coming!!!!!!!!….

Next year is a new game. “THEY” think next year is gonna be another year of cleaning up & reintroducing these reject sell-out destructive bills. “THEY” are going to have another layer of “wall” to push them back next year. WE are planning too. 2024 - we’ll be ready & offense is coming!!!!!!!!….
I can't like this enough. OFFENSE is the best defense. Keep us posted on what the IA Whitetail community can do to help!!

• Deleted by seven twenty
  • Reason: Wrong post, no idea how this reply ended up in this discussion, I was in another
Show…
Concerning next year, and every year after, and the need for offensive action, wouldn't it be useful for Iowa to have a requirement that any new legislation that could impact our natural resources be vetted by the Iowa DNR, the state agency that employs biologists etc that are the experts, take some of the power away from the politicians and lobbyists by requiring our DNR to have a voice and be at the table when considering any new natural resources legislation.

Concerning next year, and every year after, and the need for offensive action, wouldn't it be useful for Iowa to have a requirement that any new legislation that could impact our natural resources be vetted by the Iowa DNR, the state agency that employs biologists etc that are the experts, take some of the power away from the politicians and lobbyists by requiring our DNR to have a voice and be at the table when considering any new natural resources legislation.
Yes. & any new legislation needs to have vast hunter input. There’s a lot of things that need changed & these are all things that would likely/possibly be included in “offensive agenda”.
Working on the list…

Today an amendment was filed to sf553. The amendment simply takes 500 of the 6k allotted NR tags and reserves them for NR family members. Family member has been defined as one in the second degree. Idk, NR is a NR, get in line.

Today an amendment was filed to sf553. The amendment simply takes 500 of the 6k allotted NR tags and reserves them for NR family members. Family member has been defined as one in the second degree. Idk, NR is a NR, get in line.
Is there someone with connections that is asking for this? This seems like a very odd situation to cater to. It must have potential to benefit someone who has pull?
It's bullcrap imo. Being a family member of a resident does not give you rights over any other non resident.

OMG…. That’s insane. They want it as a stepping stone. K - we need to write in!!!

Top Bottom