Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

This Weekend

Hillwalker

Does anyone think this weekend will be a good one. And Could Thankgiving weekend still
have some doe chaseing going on?

The rest of the month will still be great
hunting,but I think any chasing going on will be limited now.Here in south-central Iowa haven't seen any chasing for about a week...a week ago they were going crazy...buck sightings are way down from a week ago,too...but they are still there!Good Luck

TB

Usually when the doe chasing slows down it means most does are in estrous and bucks are laid up with them. (less buck sightings) You will see more bigger bucks after the peak of the rut in my opinion when they're out looking for the last estrous does. This year the weather has really put a halt to most activity during the day. When I go back out in the morning there's sign of activity since the evening before.

G6

Have not seen any chasing in my area since Tuesday eve. But bucks are still roaming around.

Bumped head on into a brute yesterday at 2:30 while trying to get into my stand. Still seeing a little activity at some scrapes.

It would be nice if it cooled down a little again.

Anyone remember 2 years ago? According to the National Weather Service, it was the warmest November on record, although I hear this year may make a run at that record. Anyway, according to my bowhunting log (something I highly recommend) the absolute best rutting activity of the 1999 bow season was Thanksgiving morning. I almost showed up late for the big dinner from watching bucks chase does through the timber. Saw several mature bucks, and a 150 class 10 point was taken that same morning on public land nearby. This year's November weather has been very similar to 1999, and if it gets cold next weekend (which the forecast says it will) I expect great action. Just too bad the only thing I have to fill is an anterless tag
frown.gif
Good Hunting!

Got back into a little chasing action this A.M. Seeing some bucks roaming about every time out. I still have not seen the traveling all hours I would expect yet, especially the bigger boys. Bring on the cooler weather.

[This message has been edited by BW (edited 11-18-2001).]

Top Bottom