Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

to shoot or not to shoot??/

dherrig_55

This is the first year me and my brother have put out trail cams. These two bucks seem to be pretty nice although I'm sure they are young yet. The only problem is that bucks don't seem to live long enough to reach their full potential as there are lots of hunters here and not much cover for the deer. There is not a timber larger than 2-3 acres within five miles of where this picture is taken. So I'm thinking if we get a chance at them we might shoot them. Would love to let them walk and see what they could become though!!! What do you think they would score.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
The first and the fourth are the same deer and the second and third is the same deer.
picture.php

What ever makes you happy. I know I was glad to shoot any deer with my bow when I first started and for many years after. There are tons of cases where people think a deer may never get through to the next year but it has to start somewhere. But if your truely happy to harvest either deer with bow or rifle then best of luck. Both great bucks!

Those aren't bad bucks. Probably would be a lot better with another year or two on them. If you're truely happy with it then go for it, but don't just shoot it cause someone else might if you don't. If you let it go it may live until next year, but if you shoot it I guarantee it will never get any bigger.

If they make your heart jump, take em, however, one things for sure, they definately wont get bigger if you shoot em young. Like Maher said, it's gotta start somewhere. Just keep things in perspective and remember that you dont have to kill something to have a successful hunt. Just last year, I passed a 150" 8pt (arrow passed right under him.. Haha) only to have an even bigger giant mainframe 8 come in later that day and I was able to harvest him. You just never know whats going to show up!

I agree just get some under your belt before you get picky. "Shooter" is in the eye behind the weapon. Some places you cant wait or someone will pick them up.

Top Bottom