Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tournament Fishing Turd

blake

Life Member
NEWS:

Texas, a former semi-pro angler is now a full-blown felon after pleading guilty to planting a lead weight in a bass in hopes of winning a $55,000 bass boat for the heaviest fish in a 2009 Tournament.

Robby Rose pleaded guilty to attempted felony theft over $20,000 and was sentenced to five years in prison and fifteen days in jail.

:thrwrck:WOW, that's pretty harsh for a tournament angler, but i guess he learned his lesson LOL

I think it's a little steep if you ask me. There are worst things happening with companies and money missing and they don't serve anytime.

He stole $55,000 and you think that was too harsh a penalty?

I'd say just take him back to the tournament and let the rest of the bass tournament guys take care of him.

He didn't actually get the money did he? He just tried and got caught is what I thought. Either way I bet he learned his lesson :)

He didnt STEAL anything. He tried to.

Still stupid and real low life to try to cheat the honest angler, but still, way too harsh.

Think about it, 5 years in prison?!?! Just recently there was a guy in Burlington who was drunk and ran over a lady that was running on the side of the highway. He got 2 or 3 years in prison. Put a weight in a fish, you get 5! Wow.

I wonder what size weight it was. Ive seen fish strike weights. Get 5 years in prison for something you didnt know about. Thatd be nice.

Top Bottom