Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Tree stand

W

whiskeybent & hellbound

Is it possible for me to find a climbing tree stand that straps to your back for bow hunting for less that $130.00 What should I be looking for? It has to be one that I can carry with me since I don't have my own land......yet.

you could if it was used or a piece of crap. my advice would be to spend the extra $$$ and get a good one, they'll be lighter and more comfortable, and most importantly safer. for around $200 you can get a plain jane API or Ol' Man climber and you'll be set.

I would fully agree with muddy, spend the money and get a good climbing stand.
API, summit, ol' man are very good ones
I use a summit and love it to pieces

Oh, by the way, I have an API Superstar. It works wonderfully, quietly, and I wouldn't trade it for any other.

I do agree with the others, get a good qualiity stand. You may be able to find a quality used stand on Ebay, can't hurt to try. this time of year some of the guys may be wanting to sell one.

I use an API bowhunter and really love it. It is extremely quiet to set up and is also very comfortable. It has back pack straps so you can carry it in, although it is somewhat heavy until you get used to it.

I was just up at Cabelas and saw one in the bargain cave for $195.00. I do not think you would be dissapointed. Hope this helps out, good luck.

T.D.

the problem with climbers is you have to have a telephone pole to use them. But if you have alot trees in your area that don't have any branches, go for it. Otherwise look at getting a hang on portable. My choice would be a Lone Wolf or Rivers Edge.

I'm thinking about a Lone Wolf climber. They look like the way to go. Anyone use one ? As for the telephone pole idea. We have a power line that runs through the area I hunt and those poles are real tempting. I just get nervous when I'm standing under them and I can here the electricity crackling. If you did use one you could attach some of those 'High Racks Branch Brackets' to your stand. I got a set of them from Cabela's this year and they really work great. They are only $12.99 for the kit. They really help out on those trees (or telephone poles) that don't have any cover.

Top Bottom