Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Two cams ready for field

Shredder

Life Member
Here are a couple of cams I built this weekend.....ready for the field. I just hope the smell does not get them into too much trouble......the linger of enamel is still present

933deercams2.jpg

Good job Shredder,very good workmanship.I have been considering making a few homemade cams myself and had a few questions,you seem very knowlegable with this and figured your the man to ask,if you don't mind? I never really wanted to spend the money on a unit,just to have it stolen or destroyed which would more than likely happen around here.But I figured if I could make some for a reasonable price,I wouldn't be out that much money if it should happen.So I was just wondering approx.what it cost to make one of these units,excluding the camera and cover.I know I'll need cameras and for the cover ,I already come up with an idea to make them from stainless steel at work,I'll just have to camo them.So I basically just need a idea on the components,and where to get them?I figured the motion sensor should be fairly easy to come up with,but what about the circuit board?are you going as far as making your on boards?or are they purchased.Any info would be greatly appreciated,if you don't want to answer certain questions I understand.Thanks

2042trailcam1-thumb.jpg

Trail Camera for sale, Sony P-32, built by VMAN, PM me if interested

Top Bottom