Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

V-CAM Stolen!!!!

Rackaddict

Life Member
Well Vman, looks like one of your cameras fell victim to a sleeze bag. Hatchet went out to change his film the other day and it was gone. Guess the guy got his picture taken and didn't want the identity off his trespassing butt known. I guess he should have had it locked up but that may not have helped either. If someone wants it bad enough a lock will only slow them down a bit but not stop them. What's the world coming to? You would think on your own property in rural Iowa you wouldn't have to worry.
wtf.gif

Some one stole my ladder to my lock on in the past 3 weeks the 2nd day of hunting I get to my stand and can't even get in the stand some people have a lot of nerve anyone know how to secure a ladder to a tree?
biggun.gif

What a drag! And on your own place to top it off. I lock every thing down except the ladders. May have to go buy some cables and locks. I am sorry to hear this bad news. I'll bet hatchet was fit to be tied.
sniper.gif

Yeah he is. This camera was smack dab in the middle of his property and a long way from any road. The odds of someone walking up on it was slim to none. Jerks!!!
cussing.gif

Do you guys remember the tip about holding up a card that says if this film is not being developed by _____________________ please call the police or call _________________ at ________________? Then take the first picture of every roll of that card. Somebody posted it awhile back & I thought it was the best idea I've heard yet. It worked for him & the guy about s@#t his pants when the owner showed up at the film store! Maggs

Not to start a battle amoung hunters but, I've always felt coon hunters would be very hard on remote cameras. God knows that coon and those dogs go where ever they want. That is where a IR camera would be great. no flash.

Maybe some type of permanant dye or skunk scent bomb that goes off when the unskilled person tampers with someone elses stuff.
evil.gif

My problem is I would forget about it when in a hurry to check things.
doah.gif

Hey Maggs, I remember that post and that is a great idea. I told my father-in-law about it and he thought it was good too. I left my camera up there for him to use so maybe he will try it out.

I just got a stolen camera back that was taken from me 2 years ago. The little thief showed up trying to sell it for chump change in a very public place. Don't give up on it. get info to local photo labs and COUNTY POLICE ASAP, they will register it with a national crime network and info goes out to all pawn shops and related business. Also Vman may have the chance to save your rear on this one--The thief may call him to find out how the camera works. He will say he lost directions and needs a new set sent to him.So,V, Be Prepared for that strange call and forward mailing address thru proper chanels, including Headgear. Best of luck, be patient yet persistant. Watch property for all vehicles, get plate numbers. Chances are that your camera is still being used within a mile of where you had it. Man it sucks to be a victim of a jerk. Good luck. M350 out
rambo.gif

Man, Rack that sucks!
bawling.gif
Thats really too bad. I dont know why people do this, what dweebs. Im sure they will not be able to figure it out to use it though.
Sorry Again.

Top Bottom