Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Waukon1's Buck

OneCam

Congrats Waukon on your first bow buck
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

157Bow_buck_2003.jpg

This was my 1st deer harvested with a bow. I was hunting the morning of the 17th and I saw him cruising on the other hillside. I gave a couple of grunts and he stopped, and then I bleated and he turned and came right up the scent trail I laid when I came in. He got the mock scrape I made and was working that and grunting like a pig. I shot saw my arrow fall to the ground after he kicked. He went 25yrds and I heard a crash. I could see the end of my arrow and it didn't look like there was any blood. I got down and saw that my arrow was broke in 1/2, with both 1/2's there. All but 5in had blood. With blood all over I did find him where I heard the crash. I had hit him behind the shoulder and had a perfect star right in the center of the heart. the arrow passed through and stuck into his far front leg. He broke the arrow in half when he kicked and took off. All and all a great hunt for me. I was just as happy with the shot as the deer.

Way to go Waukon! Maybe you are breaking the curse for the Moosehunter up there. Congratulations.

Good shots really make you feel good don't they. Nothing like thinking they went down and having a great blood trail to back up the theory. Congrats.
waytogo.gif

nice job adrian......
waytogo.gif
........i'm impressed

rudd, i hope your right. i'm waiting patiently for the right one to make a mistake..........then hope i don't. was real, real close last night....................

Waukon, great job and buck. There's nothing quite like the feeling of making that perfect shot. All of the hours of practice and day dreaming come together in one effortless moment when your Auto-Pilot kicks in for the shot. Congrats. I'll let the big boys know to watch over there shoulders next year.
waytogo.gif

Congrat's Waukon1, nothin like pullin the ole pump out and fining that neat little star right in the center of it. Here's to many more!!!
beerchug.gif

Congratulations, Great buck, its a feeling that you'll never forget!
peace.gif

Top Bottom