Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Weird question

Doubleaarc hery

All jokes aside on this(yeah, we will see if that happens)

My mother teaches at a special childrens school and has a child who 's favorite animal is the beaver( I know I about lost it and she could hardly keep a straight face telling me)

But anyways, this is kind of like a small make a wish deal for me! This child's dream is to one day touch or feel their tail!! After making many comments about "him waiting till he is older" and "boy that'll cost him someday" and many more, I decided to try and help! Is there anyone out there who traps(i' do it myself, but..... yeah lets not go there)that would be able to lend me one, or sell me one? Any idea where to get one?

I am seriously about to regret hitting this submit button!!

But this is a serious thing!

Thanks for the help!

Well Andy, ill tell you where to start.......

Get an animal identification book, and make sure you are looking for the right thing....
once you've done this, move on to step 2!

then, locate a beaver tail and feel it for yourself and then you know for sure what a beaver looks and feels like......

no guessing in the future..... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Oh this should get good. Time to sit back and enjoy. I see a whole lotta new people making the "hit list" after this one.

Dang it Lambert! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif You suckered me into opening that one up too!! I was actually gullible enough to think it might have been something I was looking for!!! LOL Last year maybe, but I am really looking for an actually beaver pelt!!!

Dang I knew this post was going to get bad! I really wasn't trying to be funny either! You would think I would have learned my lesson!! Guess I am a slow learner! I always thought the little bus was due to the fact that there wasn't many kids in the neighbor hood!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Seriously though any suggestions?

I can help you out. We would have to make arrangements to get it to you. I live in Waukee. Let me know. I should have some come the first week of Nov. PM me and we can work out the de"tails".
Oh yeah I know how to identify both species of "beaver".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Palmated</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Oh yeah I know how to identify both species of "beaver". </div></div> /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Can't your mom just take care of that right there? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

Sorry, I went there.

Jokes aside, I really have no idea how to trap a beaver and frankly, the things scare me with their teeth and how they bite through wood. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

does it have to be alive? I know Shoot2Kill trapped a couple of beavers this spring. He is originally from near W'loo as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rudd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">does it have to be alive? I know Shoot2Kill trapped a couple of beavers this spring. He is originally from near W'loo as well. </div></div>

Nope want it dead!! I think Palmated is going to help me out unless someone still has one around somewhere they are willing to part with!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doubleaarchery</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope want it dead!!</div></div>

obviously, based on how scared you looked when you were holding a dead one......
your arms arent long enough to hold it far enough away from you...

Hell I have a hard enough time finding beaver the way it is. You think I'm gonna share? Sorry, I don't swing that way. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Waddell Wannabe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hell I have a hard enough time finding beaver the way it is. You think I'm gonna share? Sorry, I don't swing that way. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Waddell, try mossy oak!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

We caught a 60 pounder one year and I nailed the tail to the back wall of my fur shed. It was still there when I moved but it looked more like a piece of rolled up black leather after 10 years of hanging. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Good luck. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

oo the elusive beaver. they can be awnry. I could prolly help ya too andy but wont be getting into them till late feb or so

Not to kill the mood of all the good humor but if you run in to problems call your local DNR Officer. Sometimes they have pelts on hand for educational purposes.

Top Bottom