Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Went out in the blizzard and filled my two buck tags

Elitebowhunter

Woke up this morning and the forecast had really changed. The night before it had said half inch of snow. This morning it said 3-6 and as I am writing this we have about 5 inches on the ground right now. Anyways.

Started out this morning sitting in a tree. Froze out by 8am. Called my college buddy up to see if he wanted to do a push with the old man and I. We decided that dan my college friend and I would walk a small timber patch. Chased out a nice 10 point and never got a clean shot at him as I was not certain where my dad was at on the other end. I hear a gun shot and next thing I know the buck comes back right at me. One shot and I drop him. He is nothing to really brag about but I was more than happy to put my landowner tag on him.

The second buck I got was on my way back to the house to grab some lunch. Dan says he see's a lot of deer out in the field. They were running to the south so I got down on the dirt road by the house and we got out dan on the east side of the river and me on the west side of the river. Well turns out the biggest 8 point I have ever seen ran right to me. One shot (right between the eyes) and he dropped. My buddy dan was also lucky in harvesting his fist deer. The buck was the smallest of the group but it had the most points, 11 points all together. Needless to say he was jumping for joy when he saw the buck hit the ground after his first shot. One heck of a first buck for him if you ask me.

All around it was a great day hunting till about 1pm then the blizzard set in and it has not let up yet.

Good luck to anyone who plans on hunting tomorrow with the fresh snow. I know I will be out with my last doe tag to fill.

This is the 10 point as he lays
5846-155848_1749240329178_1183920040_32032375_1661044_n.jpg

5846-deer.jpg

Harvest photo with the 10 point
5846-68178_1749249809415_1183920040_32032398_5732959_n.jpg

This is the 8 point as he lays
5846-155050_1750074190024_1183920040_32033923_5488689_n.jpg

Dan's somewhat of a harvest photo. Ok not really. The blizzard was really starting to set in so we didn't have time.
5846-dans_buck.jpg

And finally the group picture
5846-deerer.jpg

Thanks for reading.

It was nasty out there. This morning I started out by Osceola and it was 45 degrees or so. We were all standing under a lean-to out of the rain looking at an aerial and next thing we know the rain turns to snow with the biggest snowflakes I've ever seen! We had all kinds of big bucks moving but a couple guys just couldn't seal the deal. I was playing dog in the multiflora rose with my doe tag, naturally. Good job guys!

So did you aim for the head or just get lucky? ;)

haha. To be honest he ALMOST ran me over! I was hidden behind a cedar in the fence and shot him almost point blank, about 5-10 yards. And yes he dropped like a sack of potatoes

we went out and called it a day around noon it was not a good day in NW IA took me and my brother an hour to go 10 miles then my little brother just drove in the ditch. Tomorrow no snow but cold wind chills -30 its going to be a long day in the woods for sure.

Woah! Lucky! I couldn't go my mom said it was to cold to go out so I didn't and I was so made when I saw 5 bucks 5! Go right to my spot and bed down it killed my day.

What a day!! You all can use your LO tag for either gun or bow or do ya have to decide early which season to use the LO tag on?

Top Bottom