Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

What a week

sw outdoor nut

This was my week to spend some time in the timber. I work two jobs and it is very hard to get both off at the same time. I had to forecast the time off 6 months in advance. The first week of Nov has been pretty good to me in the past.
Let's just say that I have been pulled 20 different ways over the course of this week. House, job, and another hunter topped the list. The farmer that let's me hunt, also needed help harvesting. So here it is, probably my last season to hunt in IA and this is what goes on. What do you do? I tried to stay persistent and hunted when I could. The deer weren't moving that good for me at all. I was blessed with a doe harvest on Monday, after a hunter walked in on me. I did not see any decent buck movement at all until Weds. I rattled @ 7 AM and 2 8 ptrs came in on a string. One was pretty nice, I was really tempted to pull the release. An hour later another wide 8 ptr came in. He presented a 8 yard shot and I took it. He isn't the biggest buck in the woods, but all things considered, I seezed the opportunity. After I got him taken care of, I checked a trail cam by one of my stands, wouldn't you know it a huge gut pile in front of it. Oh well, God is good and I was able to harvest a nice animal:grin:. Things look good for 1st firearm season, two really nice bucks still around.
DSCF7484.jpg

DSCF7480.jpg

Sounds like you made the most of several bad situations! Congrats on a great deer!:way:

Top Bottom